Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    How do not get into shoot em up, during the opening credits not only does he have a gun fight while deliver a baby, but he then shoots off the umbilical cord. that should be enough for anyone to get into the movie, not to mention it starts with him killing a man with a carrot. To that the greatness that is Paul Giamati and Clive Owen and you've got yourself a borderline masterpiece.
    Well yes there were alot of cool kills in it, I just didnt get into the story.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• seriously, how does anyone not love this movie?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        Well yes there were alot of cool kills in it, I just didnt get into the story.
        What story?

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Rose Bud is always talking up Shoot Em Up. Nothing wrong with that but, I didnt like the movie either. I kind of regret buying it when I did. I thought it missed the mark.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• My wife loves Shoot Em Up. She made me buy it for her.

Comment

• Speaking of things we avoid.. I mainly avoid remakes and Kevin James movies.

Comment

• I bought Drag Me To Hell the other day. I still havent watched it yet. I never thought when I saw the first trailer or any of the tv spots that I would buy this movie. haha. But it got amazing reviews and it was cheap so, whatever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Rose Bud is always talking up Shoot Em Up. Nothing wrong with that but, I didnt like the movie either. I kind of regret buying it when I did. I thought it missed the mark.
                  This just re-inforces my point. And Super Kev I must once again congratulate you on finding a women with such discerning tastes.

BK

Comment

This just re-inforces my point. And Super Kev I must once again congratulate you on finding a women with such discerning tastes.
                    Wait were you bashing the movie? lol. Because, there was someone on here that loved that movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Wait were you bashing the movie? lol. Because, there was someone on here that loved that movie.
                      Nope I definitely wasn't bashing it. Just using your thoughts on the film to verify my point.

BK

Comment

• Tropic Thunder nor Will Ferrell suck, but Wedding Crashers is a piece of ****. Vince Vaughn hasn't been good since Swingers.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Nope I definitely wasn't bashing it. Just using your thoughts on the film to verify my point.
                          Well, the whole point was for the movie to be over the top and funny. I didnt think it made for a good movie. This can certainly be executed effectively but, I thought the movie was a disappointment for what it was going for.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Shoot Em Up is a freaking cartoon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was based ona graphic novel, was it?

1st movie I saw with Ryan Reynolds where he doesnt take his shirt off. He actually did a semblance of acting in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Shoot Em Up is a freaking cartoon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was based ona graphic novel, was it?

1st movie I saw with Ryan Reynolds where he doesnt take his shirt off. He actually did a semblance of acting in it.
                              Ryan Reynolds wasn't in Shoot Em Up

Are you thinking of Smokin Aces?

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Shoot Em Up is a freaking cartoon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was based ona graphic novel, was it?

Ryan Reynolds isn't in shoot em up.

Edit: I see Super Kev beat me to this one. might as well make this post not useless

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Well, the whole point was for the movie to be over the top and funny. I didnt think it made for a good movie. This can certainly be executed effectively but, I thought the movie was a disappointment for what it was going for.
                                I don't know how they could've made this movie more excessively absurd. I think it's a shining example of how over the top and ridiculous all of these plotless action movies should be. I think Wanted does a good job here as well, although they made the crucial mistake of trying to have a plot and slowing down the story for like 20 minutes.
                                Last edited by Rosebud; 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information