Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who's excited for New Moonzzz? Cannot waitzzz.

    My local movies theatre has 3 theatres dedicated to Twilight at 9p.m. and 14 dedicated to New Moon at 12:00. Anyone else find that ridiculous?

    Comment


    • If you have an HDTV then Blu Ray is definitely worth it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Who's excited for New Moonzzz? Cannot waitzzz.

        My local movies theatre has 3 theatres dedicated to Twilight at 9p.m. and 14 dedicated to New Moon at 12:00. Anyone else find that ridiculous?
        My theatre has...

        9 showings for 12:01
        6 showings for 12:15
        3 showings for 12:30
        2 showings for 12:45


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          My theatre has...

          9 showings for 12:01
          6 showings for 12:15
          3 showings for 12:30
          2 showings for 12:45
          Good lord. That's simply astounding.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            My theatre has...

            9 showings for 12:01
            6 showings for 12:15
            3 showings for 12:30
            2 showings for 12:45
            I wish I was in high school still so it wouldnt be creepy if I went just to check out the girls. Could always use the "Yeah, I came with (insert name here). She begged me to." But now, I have no excuse.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Are blow jays really that much better than handies?
              Depends. Who's giving it to me?
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                I wish I was in high school still so it wouldnt be creepy if I went just to check out the girls. Could always use the "Yeah, I came with (insert name here). She begged me to." But now, I have no excuse.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  Depends. Who's giving it to me?
                  Is there really someone that could make a blow jay worse than an HJ?

                  Comment


                  • If it was this girl giving you a blowjay




                    and this girl giving you the handy



                    I choose handy.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Really? HD quality movies are not much better than normal?

                      Yea, you have to have an HD TV, but I figured that was a given. If you don't have one, there's no need for a BluRay player. Also, BluRay players improve the playback of normal DVDs. It won't be HD quality, but it is better than normal.

                      Plus, new DVDs are usually $20 and new BluRays are usually $30. Yea, it's an extra $10, but I like watching high quality things rather than **** so...
                      I dont think its that much better to be willing to pay $15 more per dvd and a lot more for the console. I got my regular one for like $25 at Wal Mart and I doubt I could get a Blu Ray one for under $150 or so. They have gone down in price considerably though. I remember like 2 or 3 years ago a console was like $999. Maybe if I got a PS3 then I would do it but I am still saving up for an HD tv.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        I dont think its that much better to be willing to pay $15 more per dvd and a lot more for the console. I got my regular one for like $25 at Wal Mart and I doubt I could get a Blu Ray one for under $150 or so. They have gone down in price considerably though. I remember like 2 or 3 years ago a console was like $999. Maybe if I got a PS3 then I would do it but I am still saving up for an HD tv.
                        Well, maybe it's just me, but I have to watch everything in HD if it's available. Normal quality blows.

                        But yes, if you factor in price right now, BluRay prolly isn't your best option. However, to the original statement, "Is BluRay really that much better?" the answer is easily yes. It's HD compared to normal quality, so that alone says yes.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          $15 dollars? Really? Honestly all you have to do is find it on places like Amazon, where I buy most of my Blu ray's for under 15 bucks.
                          Whats the shipping price? When I shop on eBay or amazon they always put a massive shipping price on there to make up for the low bid. I remember when I tried to buy a Wii 2 years ago on Ebay and people put the shipping as $45.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                            Whats the shipping price? When I shop on eBay or amazon they always put a massive shipping price on there to make up for the low bid. I remember when I tried to buy a Wii 2 years ago on Ebay and people put the shipping as $45.
                            Now, Amazon gives you free shipping on almost everything if you spend $25 or more.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Well, maybe it's just me, but I have to watch everything in HD if it's available. Normal quality blows.

                              But yes, if you factor in price right now, BluRay prolly isn't your best option. However, to the original statement, "Is BluRay really that much better?" the answer is easily yes. It's HD compared to normal quality, so that alone says yes.
                              Its just me but I would rather have a good surround sound system before Blu Ray.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                                Its just me but I would rather have a good surround sound system before Blu Ray.
                                I have ear issues and I get headaches with massively loud noise so I'd prefer picture quality over the audio quality.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information