Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
    you take the blue pill...the story ends.

What if you take both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      That's not my argument at all, my argument is that the Matrix hinges far more on the novelty of it's plot and the ideas behind it, without that novelty I feel it falls far short as a film whereas V still stands strong even if you strip it of its message.

As for the clicheness of Speed Racer that movie makes being cliche awesome, that's pretty much the only way I can try and describe why I adore that film so much, it is easily my favorite Wochowski Bros film. It just takes it to the extreme and that makes it hilariously great.
      This I dont understand. In fact, I feel its the other way around. Without its message, V for Vendetta is a film about a crazy guy who blows up a building. If you strip it of its message, that sense of warning that it holds, I feel that detracts greatly from the movie. It had adequate effects, and some nice fight scenes, but if V for Vendetta doesnt have lines like

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

which emphasize the MESSAGE behind V`s acts, then what is the film striving for?

If you take the sense of warning away from The Matrix, you still have a kickass action flick driven by groundbreaking effects. I dont understand that argument.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Speed Racer > V for Vendetta.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Now I feel like watching V again.

Comment

• The whole time I watched V I was thinking about Burger King.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
              The whole time I watched V I was thinking about Burger King.
              Really? Because I think the rest of the world was thinking about sociopolitical corruption and Natalie Portman's hair

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                The whole time I watched V I was thinking about Burger King.
                I was thinking about how much Alan Moore thinks it sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Natalie Portman is sexy even without hair.

Comment

• Kristen Stewart is extremely hot. (and relax I was watching Adventureland, not New Moon) Really liked the movie btw.

Comment

• So what movie should I watch tonight.......

The Hangover or Inglourious Basterds

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        Kristen Stewart is extremely hot. (and relax I was watching Adventureland, not New Moon) Really liked the movie btw.
                        I really liked Adventureland too. And yes, Kristen Stewart is hott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Kristen Stewart is extremely hot. (and relax I was watching Adventureland, not New Moon) Really liked the movie btw.
                          I don't find Kristen Stewart to be attractive at all. She always has a really stupid look on her face

Comment

• Its about that time I put in fight club for another watch. It's been awhile, could use some awesomeness.

Also I dont find stewart to be the least bit attractive. Or to be a good actress. I saw a couple of lines from a scene of new moon, and seriously burst out laughing and couldnt believe someone could think the things they were saying sounded good, even on paper. Yes I am this forums biggest twilight hater.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Stewart is just kind of cute. But I'd throw some boners her way in Adventureland.

Portman is just amazing.

Comment

• Speaking of amazing, see the blind side. so good.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information