Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
    Are there any good movies based off video games? I cant think of one..
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune starring Nathan Fillion, released in 2011.

Comment

• So I saw The Blind Side. Really good movie. Incredibly sad. Maybe about 5 minutes of football in a 2 hour movie

Comment

I'm pretty sure I know of one, I just can not for the life of me remember what it was.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

The original Mortal Kombat owns you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            So I saw The Blind Side. Really good movie. Incredibly sad. Maybe about 5 minutes of football in a 2 hour movie
            Now, are the predictions true, that it would be more focused on Sandra Bullock than Oher?

Either way, I will still watch it.

Comment

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider? It gave me an excuse to look at Angelina for 2 hours.

Also, Final Fantasy: Advent Children kicked all kinds of ass.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Now, are the predictions true, that it would be more focused on Sandra Bullock than Oher?

Either way, I will still watch it.
                No it's about 80%-20% Oher over Sandra Bullock. My wife actually had a good point. They put nothing but Sandra Bullock scenes in the trailer because outside of football fans, the average person isn't going to see The Blind Side starring some big black kid you've never heard of

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Lara Croft: Tomb Raider? It gave me an excuse to look at Angelina for 2 hours.

Also, Final Fantasy: Advent Children kicked all kinds of ass.
                  Well bringing anime into the discussion is pretty much just opening up Pandoras box !

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    No it's about 80%-20% Oher over Sandra Bullock. My wife actually had a good point. They put nothing but Sandra Bullock scenes in the trailer because outside of football fans, the average person isn't going to see The Blind Side starring some big black kid you've never heard of
                    That's good to hear. Have you read the book? I'm curious as to how the story in the movie compares to that which was told in the book. I haven't read the book, but I want to get around to it soon.

Also, I agree with the poster above. Advent Children kicked all kinds of ass.

And as a huge fan of the Resident Evil game series, the movies are incredibly bad. The first was alright, but like someone said, the direction they took was a horrible idea.

I've actually said that once I make a couple hundred million, my goal is to setup a studio that will only make good video game movies. Possibly a small branch will be dedicated to adapting books into films without taking out important info/scenes and adding filler to appeal to mouth breathers.

Comment

• Inglourious Basterds wasn't that good. It was ok, definitely not as good as I expected. Kinda disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        That was on TV a while back. I think the only redeeming quality is that Johnny Cage dies right at the beginning.
                        By this, I hope you mean that anyone other than Linden Ashby who tries to play Johnny Cage should die, because Johnny Cage is the sweetest dude ever.

I hate MK: Annihilation so much.
                        But I do like to say "That's my Animality" in the Nightwolf voice all the time, if it remotely relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          Inglourious Basterds wasn't that good. It was ok, definitely not as good as I expected. Kinda disappointed.
                          I disagree immensely. I thought it was the best film tarantino has ever made. Landa is easily his most interesting character and there are some just really well done scenes and the great shot of Shosanna peefs used to sport as his avi alone made me respect QT a lot more as a director. I'm not sure it's my favorite Tarantino film but I think it's definitely the best done tarantino film.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            Uncharted: Drake's Fortune starring Nathan Fillion, released in 2011.
                            Ive never heard of this game or project, but I do <3 Nathan Fillion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              I disagree immensely. I thought it was the best film tarantino has ever made. Landa is easily his most interesting character and there are some just really well done scenes and the great shot of Shosanna peefs used to sport as his avi alone made me respect QT a lot more as a director. I'm not sure it's my favorite Tarantino film but I think it's definitely the best done tarantino film.
                              I enjoyed it, but there is no way in hell its a better film then Pulp, and I think its pushing it to say its even as good as Reservoir Dogs. Ive watched all 3 of those films within the past week, because of that very reason, and basterds is definitely 3rd in my books.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I enjoyed it, but there is no way in hell its a better film then Pulp, and I think its pushing it to say its even as good as Reservoir Dogs. Ive watched all 3 of those films within the past week, because of that very reason, and basterds is definitely 3rd in my books.
                                I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs more than Pulp and I think Basterds was better made than both. Again in terms of which one's my favorite Basterds is going to have prove some lasting power to surpass Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, I just think Basterds had a lot better character development, scenes and shots that showed that QT could also nail the details on something more than a crazy ride.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information