Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone seen Southland Tales & actually liked it

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
      anyone seen Southland Tales & actually liked it
      I thought it was interesting, but it had some gigantic flaws. Im a big Richard Kelly fan, and I definitely gave him a chance on Southland Tales. I didnt think it was quite as bad as I had heard it was, but I expected alot more from Kelly.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        I thought it was interesting, but it had some gigantic flaws. Im a big Richard Kelly fan, and I definitely gave him a chance on Southland Tales. I didnt think it was quite as bad as I had heard it was, but I expected alot more from Kelly.
        Kelly's recent works have me doubting how good donnie darko actually was.

        As for NBK I think it is a great movie, screwed up at some points, but still a great movie, great acting, I thought Stone even did a good job behind the camera and the story was still very strong even after the edits.

        BK

        Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
          anyone seen Southland Tales & actually liked it
          I liked the set up to the movie, those first like 30 minutes but after that I thought it became a little silly.

          Last night, I watched Funny People and Surrogates. I enjoyed both. It was nice to see Sandler in a more serious role, and Surrogates was pretty cool, and had a good story.

          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brent View Post
            I liked the set up to the movie, those first like 30 minutes but after that I thought it became a little silly.

            Last night, I watched Funny People and Surrogates. I enjoyed both. It was nice to see Sandler in a more serious role, and Surrogates was pretty cool, and had a good story.



            <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

            Comment




            • Favorite Adam Sandler movie

              Comment


              • I didnt care for Reign Over Me. Punch Drunk Love is good though, Fisch.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • Pulp>Reservoir Dogs>Basterds
                  .......

                  Comment


                  • That reminds me, I have Funny People and I need to give it a watch.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                      That reminds me, I have Funny People and I need to give it a watch.
                      I was very disappointed with it. The movie completely disintegrates in the 2nd half.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • After hearing mixed reviews on here I wasn't sure what to expect heading in, but I liked it. I do agree it tends to drag on at the end, but for the most part I enjoyed Funny People.
                        .......

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Pulp>Reservoir Dogs>Basterds
                          I'd go Pulp > Basterds > Dogs

                          I might even have liked Basterds more than Pulp but Ive only seen it once and need to give it a second viewing soon. Idk Reservoir dogs just never hit its mark with me for some reason.


                          Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            I'd go Pulp > Basterds > Dogs

                            I might even have liked Basterds more than Pulp but Ive only seen it once and need to give it a second viewing soon. Idk Reservoir dogs just never hit its mark with me for some reason.
                            Dogs is still my favorite Tarantino film. Just completely perfect take on the everybody kills everybody storyline. Plus Tim Roth has a major role, which is always money.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                              anyone seen Southland Tales & actually liked it
                              Hated it.

                              Yup.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • I dont know why there are so many Richard Kelly fans...outside of Donnie Darko, he hasnt made anything good or even decent. I havent seen the Box, but dont really have an interest to do so either. He caught lightning in a bottle with Donnie Darko, which was hated by critics initially. And that's all he has thus far.

                                Just like M. Night got the bulk of his fan base from the Sixth Sense and hasn't made anything remotely close to that movie. And most of his movies are junk, save Unbreakable, imo. I know some like some of his other movies, but that is the only one I like.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information