Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
    Another good Keanu movie which is on right now...

I love that movie although Keanu is overshadowed by the great story and the kid actors.

Comment

• Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
      Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck.

That's all that needs to be said about Taken.

Edit: and that he killed a ************* sheik.
      Last edited by Rosebud; 12-06-2009, 03:48 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I thought Taken was pretty enjoyable, you have to go in just expecting a fun action movie though, not a great overall movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          That's not the type of movie, I want to rush out and see, especially not in theatres...but that's just me. Plus, I've never been a big Clooney fan. Some of his latest works have been some of the most boring movies, I've ever seen. Syriana, Michael Clayton, Leatherheads, the Good German, off the top of my head. bleh. Clooney tends to be a red flag for me.
          Michael Clayton was ******* great. Maybe if you don't like that type of movie I could see it, but it's still ******* great. Syriana was OK, I actually though Leatherheads was decent.

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
          Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck.

That's all that needs to be said about Taken.

Edit: and that he killed a ************* sheik.
          Still can't touch Bourne's jock.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            I love that movie although Keanu is overshadowed by the great story and the kid actors.
            That is a great movie. I will admit, I cried when G-Baby was murdered. Yeah a little girly and Tebowesque, but **** U!

Comment

• That line in Taken is straight cheese. Especially the very particular set of skills part. ugh. I was laughing at that part, back when they first debuted the trailer. Sounds ridiculously stupid, imo. A 13 year old could have wrote that line. The movie wasnt bad, though. Neeson was its saving grace. It still wasnt great but, it's always fun watching Liam kick some tail.

As for Clooney...the guy puts me to sleep on most occassions and some of his movies are so serious that they tend to be agonizingly boring to me. Syriana and Michael Clayton, specifically.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-06-2009, 11:47 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                Michael Clayton was ******* great. Maybe if you don't like that type of movie I could see it, but it's still ******* great. Syriana was OK, I actually though Leatherheads was decent.

Still can't touch Bourne's jock.
                Did Bourne ever kill a sheik to get his daughter back? Didn't think so.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                That line in Taken is straight cheese. Especially the very particular set of skills part. ugh. I was laughing at that part, back when they first debuted the trailer. Sounds ridiculously stupid, imo. A 13 year old could have wrote that line. The movie wasnt bad, though. Neeson was its saving grace. It still wasnt great but, it's always fun watching Liam kick some tail.

As for Clooney...the guy puts me to sleep on most occassions and some of his movies are so serious that they tend to be agonizingly boring to me. Syriana and Michael Clayton, specifically.
                That line was hilarious, straight gold. It wasn't quite Shoot Em Up but Taken was hilarious none the less.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Taken would have been utter garbage if it wasn't for Liam Neeson. haha. It basically would have been, Death Sentence bad, pretty much.

Speaking of these two movies...you put them together and you have Mel Gibson's new movie, Edge of Darkness. Hooray for originality.
                  I thought both movies were pretty bad, but I liked Death Sentence better than Taken.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I thought Death Sentence was unbearable. It didnt work at all...atleast with Neeson carrying the movie and less ham, the same kind of plot worked better, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• The more I watch it, the more Im convinced its one of my favorite movies in a very long time. Were it not for the awesomeness that was Moon, it would be my clear cut #1 of the year. As of right now, I have it and Moon 1a and 1b. Also, the soundtrack is magnificent.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

The more I watch it, the more Im convinced its one of my favorite movies in a very long time. Were it not for the awesomeness that was Moon, it would be my clear cut #1 of the year. As of right now, I have it and Moon 1a and 1b. Also, the soundtrack is magnificent.
                        I just finished downloading it and am getting ready to watch. So excited.

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• I've had the soundtrack on heavy rotation the last few days. So awesome.

Comment

The more I watch it, the more Im convinced its one of my favorite movies in a very long time. Were it not for the awesomeness that was Moon, it would be my clear cut #1 of the year. As of right now, I have it and Moon 1a and 1b. Also, the soundtrack is magnificent.

Based on nothing more than the title and the movie poster I ******* hate this movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                              That is a great movie. I will admit, I cried when G-Baby was murdered. Yeah a little girly and Tebowesque, but **** U!
                              I have seen Hardball 10 times minimum and cannot listen to "Big Papa" without waving my hands.

We going to the ship, What?

Comment

Honestly, I feel both 500 Days of Summer and Moon are over-rated to hell around here. Both were solid flicks, but neither impressed me at all. I doubt I'll ever watch either film again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information