No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People really give Cera a hard time. I understand that he plays the same role, etc, etc, but he does have good comedic timing and plays a good straight character. People may hate it, but straight comedians are necessary.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      People really give Cera a hard time. I understand that he plays the same role, etc, etc, but he does have good comedic timing and plays a good straight character. People may hate it, but straight comedians are necessary.
      But they keep throwing starring roles at him. His whole shtick would be one thing if he was the awkward friend in most of his roles.. but hes not. And this whole straight comedian thing went over my head. Are you saying he is a rigid, stiff, dull actor or that he isnt ***?

And come now Brent, Cera is probably in the bottom 5% of attractive actors. There is an attractive male actor in 100% of movies & television shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
        But they keep throwing starring roles at him. His whole shtick would be one thing if he was the awkward friend in most of his roles.. but hes not. And this whole straight comedian thing went over my head. Are you saying he is a rigid, stiff, dull actor or that he isnt ***?

And come now Brent, Cera is probably in the bottom 5% of attractive actors. There is an attractive male actor in 100% of movies & television shows.
        Put him next to Jonah Hill and Mintz-Plasse for an hour and a half, he starts looking like James Dean

Comment

I meant that he is not over the top and zany. His lines that are supposed to make people laugh are reactionary comments that are given at a low tone of voice. He really only starred in Youth in Revolt (have yet to see) and Superbad where he did play an awkward friend that was stagnant next to a lively Jonah Hill. Paper Heart is a small Indie movie which is documentary esk and made within his social circle.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• My buddy and I were talking about our favorite actors and his top two were Norton and De Niro, so the question came up, would Norton play a better De Niro than De Niro would play a Norton?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Yes/10 char

Comment

• How does one play Norton? De Niro is pretty easy to impersonate, the guys a legend with a distinct look and style. Norton while an amazing actor, doesnt have many outstanding characteristics or nuances to play in to. He looks more like your average dude.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                  Yes/10 char
                  That's the conclusion we came to, but this lead to the realization that there needs to be a movie made where every actor plays a different actor's rl persona.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    I meant that he is not over the top and zany. His lines that are supposed to make people laugh are reactionary comments that are given at a low tone of voice. He really only starred in Youth in Revolt (have yet to see) and Superbad where he did play an awkward friend that was stagnant next to a lively Jonah Hill. Paper Heart is a small Indie movie which is documentary esk and made within his social circle.
                    I would say he is zany, just a boring zany as opposed to a fun zany. He received just as much screen time as Hill did in Superbad, same with Jack Black in Year One. He has been the star or co-star in all of his recent flicks outside of Juno.

Comment

• The better question is would Michael Cera play a better Jesse Eisenberg or would Eisenberg play a better Cera?

Comment

Im surprised Cera hasnt completely gone the way of Napoleon Dynamite, people got sick of that kid playing the same role over and over pretty quick, how come this hasnt happened with Cera yet?
                        Because of the following that Arrested Development has as well as the fact that he's part of the Apatow gang and none of them are allowed to fail really (well the men and Leslie Mann at least).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          The better question is would Michael Cera play a better Jesse Eisenberg or would Eisenberg play a better Cera?
                          Eisenberg already plays a better Cera than Cera does, so since Cera would have to play someone playing himself I think it's safe to say he'd lose there as well.

BK

Comment

Being famous makes people more attractive, in the eyes of idiots. Take that white guy from the Twilight movies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              Being famous makes people more attractive, in the eyes of idiots. Take that white guy from the Twilight movies.
                              I loathe that guy.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• white...

don't you mean

SPARKLEZ IN THE SUNLIGHT

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information