Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    While they are both somewhat dark comedies, I dont like the comparison between KKBB and In Bruges at all. In Bruges is much more dramatic and deals with much heavier content then KKBB does. I would almost think that the humor in In Bruges is macabre, with KKBB being a more black comedy sort of deal, for those who can tell the difference. Not to mention, KKBB is almost entirely based around old school noir detective novels and films, a la Raymond Chandler, which In Bruges has none of. So while they certainly appeal to the same sense of humor, I dont really see a strong comparison between the two films. Not to mention, KKBB obviously deals with its subject matter in a reflexive, tongue in cheek manner, where In Bruges is a serious film.

    I love them both, and I felt In Bruges was the 2nd best film I saw last year, and KKBB as I said before makes my top 5 with ease. But other then their appeal to the same type of audience, I dont like the comparison.
    As I was watching KKBB, In Bruges never entered my mind. That said, I love them both. And now, I'm gettin' my Woody on.



    worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

    themaninblack
    15

    Comment


    • Zombieland was awesome. One of the better movies I saw this year. Definitely in my top 5. Emma Stone is smokin hot in that movie.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        Kiss Kiss Bang Bang shits on In Bruges although I must admit I really love Death at a Funeral.
        I dunno about that one, I love KKBB, but I think I like In Bruges more.

        Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        While they are both somewhat dark comedies, I dont like the comparison between KKBB and In Bruges at all. In Bruges is much more dramatic and deals with much heavier content then KKBB does. I would almost think that the humor in In Bruges is macabre, with KKBB being a more black comedy sort of deal, for those who can tell the difference. Not to mention, KKBB is almost entirely based around old school noir detective novels and films, a la Raymond Chandler, which In Bruges has none of. So while they certainly appeal to the same sense of humor, I dont really see a strong comparison between the two films. Not to mention, KKBB obviously deals with its subject matter in a reflexive, tongue in cheek manner, where In Bruges is a serious film.

        I love them both, and I felt In Bruges was the 2nd best film I saw last year, and KKBB as I said before makes my top 5 with ease. But other then their appeal to the same type of audience, I dont like the comparison.
        I felt like KKBB had a very similar style of humor, you are of course right that In Bruges was a lot more serious, but the sense of humor was very similar.

        BK

        Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          I dunno about that one, I love KKBB, but I think I like In Bruges more.



          I felt like KKBB had a very similar style of humor, you are of course right that In Bruges was a lot more serious, but the sense of humor was very similar.
          It is a similar style in a sense: it certainly isnt dick and fart jokes. I just felt that there was a more macabre tone communicated with In Bruges, whereas the self-aware nature of KKBB kind of detracts from the severity of the content. In Bruges is a film that is well aware of the flaws of its protagonists, whereas KKBB hides those flaws or transgressions behind jokes and narrative.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            It is a similar style in a sense: it certainly isnt dick and fart jokes. I just felt that there was a more macabre tone communicated with In Bruges, whereas the self-aware nature of KKBB kind of detracts from the severity of the content. In Bruges is a film that is well aware of the flaws of its protagonists, whereas KKBB hides those flaws or transgressions behind jokes and narrative.
            No disagreements here, they are different movies, but as I said the sense of humor is similar, at least I thought it was.

            BK

            Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

            Comment


            • Invictus was pretty good, although I had no idea about Rugby. Morgan Freeman did an excellent job as Nelson Mandela.

              Comment


              • what were the thoughts on fantastic mr. fox? gonna check it out tomorrow


                The way it is

                GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                  what were the thoughts on fantastic mr. fox? gonna check it out tomorrow
                  Very fun movie. Not perfect, but still one of my favorites from the year. I think it would be hard not to enjoy it, but it's a combination of so many things that I enjoy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Invictus was pretty good, although I had no idea about Rugby. Morgan Freeman did an excellent job as Nelson Mandela.
                    That looks like a solid movie. Is it worth $8.50 to go see it?

                    Comment


                    • I don't regret it.

                      Comment


                      • So is Public Enemies worth my time? It's between that, Thirst or 500 Days of Summer.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          So is Public Enemies worth my time? It's between that, Thirst or 500 Days of Summer.
                          500 Days of Summer was my #2 movie of this year, and Public Enemies was my #1 disappointment. Thirst was good, but I expected more from Park.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            So is Public Enemies worth my time? It's between that, Thirst or 500 Days of Summer.
                            Public Enemies may be good for a popcorn watch but no way would I watch it instead of 500 Days of Summer or Thirst.

                            Comment


                            • I just watched Public Enemies for the first time the other night and found it mediocre. I loved the cast and thought the actings was more than fine, but the story was weak and the film failed to convey anything.

                              BK

                              Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                              Comment


                              • A popcorn watch acts as if Public Enemies is a fun movie to watch, which it isn't. Depp is fine but Bale really isn't given anything to do and the movie suffers because of that.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information