No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is captivating. Right down to the mannerisms stolen from Keith Richards haha. I think if you approach them for what they are, movies based on a theme park ride, they are a really good watch. I enjoy the entire trilogy, but I remember being bored one night back as a teen and someone suggesting we go see "that Pirate movie" and expecting nothing at all, and then loving the entire movie. One of the more pleasant surprises Ive had at the movies.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is captivating. Right down to the mannerisms stolen from Keith Richards haha. I think if you approach them for what they are, movies based on a theme park ride, they are a really good watch. I enjoy the entire trilogy, but I remember being bored one night back as a teen and someone suggesting we go see "that Pirate movie" and expecting nothing at all, and then loving the entire movie. One of the more pleasant surprises Ive had at the movies.
      For those exact reasons I'm kinda looking forward for the supposed next one, as Orlando and Keira were dropped (though I'll miss the eye-candy) and the film is supposed to be focusing mostly on Sparrow and Barbossa. Seems like win to me.
      Last edited by Job; 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• I enjoyed the first and second movies, but I think the third movie is still going on after I started watching it the day it came out.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Thats funny, I said the same thing about the third LOTR!

Hehe.

No seriously, its way better then Pirates. But Jack Sparrow is more interesting then any LOTR character. Tradeoff?
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• 1 > 2 > 3

Originally posted by Job
            For those exact reasons I'm kinda looking forward for the supposed next one, as Orlando and Keira were dropped (though I'll miss the eye-candy) and the film is supposed to be focusing mostly on Sparrow and Barbossa. Seems like win to me.
            Sounds savvy

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Thats funny, I said the same thing about the third LOTR!

Hehe.

No seriously, its way better then Pirates. But Jack Sparrow is more interesting then any LOTR character. Tradeoff?
              I thought all the LOTR were great but at the same time I could see why some people didn't like them they weren't for everyone.

Comment

Thats funny, I said the same thing about the third LOTR!

Hehe.

Pretty sure Smeagle would rip your jaw from your mouth if he were to read your blasphemy.
                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  I thought all the LOTR were great but at the same time I could see why some people didn't like them they weren't for everyone.
                  Peter Jackson did an incredible job of following the books and making sure die-hard fans got what they were paying for.

I thought the 3rd movie had ended 3 times before it actually did...But I loved everything about the trilogy. Unlike Eragon, which completely butchered an actual decent novel.

Comment

• No, many die-hard fans were pissed at the changed Peter made. He kept pretty damn close to the books, a lot closer than most movie adaptations of books, but everyone can't be pleased.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I think a lot of the die hard fans were pissed that he changed the ending on the 3rd movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        I think a lot of the die hard fans were pissed that he changed the ending on the 3rd movie.
                        Wait, what did he change? The book ends exactly with Sam saying, "well I'm home" and Frodo sailing off with Gandalf. Did I miss something?

Oh and random, but Tobey Maguire is in discussion to maybe, possibly, nothing more than "talks" of filling the role of Bilbo in the upcoming Hobbit films. Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                          No, many die-hard fans were pissed at the changed Peter made. He kept pretty damn close to the books, a lot closer than most movie adaptations of books, but everyone can't be pleased.
                          I consider myself a diehard LOTR fan, or I thought I was...And I guess your right not everyone can be pleased. Still, the movies along with the extended versions were pretty spectacular to me. Nothing compares to an original novel, but I'm a Jackson fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                            Wait, what did he change? The book ends exactly with Sam saying, "well I'm home" and Frodo sailing off with Gandalf. Did I miss something?

Oh and random, but Tobey Maguire is in discussion to maybe, possibly, nothing more than "talks" of filling the role of Bilbo in the upcoming Hobbit films. Hmm...
                            And then Sam looks at Frodo with that really *** look in his eyes. That look was so ***. I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to take a walk so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his ******* ****. Now that would have been an Academy Award worthy ending. And then, right after the Sam/Frodo suckfest, right before the credits roll, Sam ******* flat out bricks in Frodo's mouth.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Any time I see Tobey Maguire in any thing all I see is Spider Man.

Comment

The part where the Shire gets destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information