Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
    The part where the Shire gets destroyed.
    With all do respect to Mr. Tolkien, I think that needed to be changed for the movie. How could they introduce another problem into a 3+ hour movie where the Shire are all pent up and don't want to allow the heros of the story back home?

    Enough LOTR, my heads starting to hurt... Oh and yeah I agree with the above post. Tobey Maquire says Spiderman, not Bilbo.

    Comment


    • Some people were also a bit peeved that Frodo fought back against Gollum and made him fall off the cliff over Mt Doom. In the book, Gollum slips and falls.

      by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

      Comment


      • Having not read any of the books the changes didn't affect me so I loved the movies.

        That said when the Maximum Ride movie(s) come out I'm going to be so dam anal about them it won't even be funny.

        I kinda want and fear them making a movie at the same time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Splat View Post
          Having not read any of the books the changes didn't affect me so I loved the movies.

          That said when the Maximum Ride movie(s) come out I'm going to be so dam anal about them it won't even be funny.

          I kinda want and fear them making a movie at the same time.
          How old are you?



          <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

          Comment


          • To old to be reading Maximum Ride.:)

            But I stumbled upon them and couldn't put them down.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Splat View Post
              To old to be reading Maximum Ride.:)

              But I stumbled upon them and couldn't put them down.
              lower adolescence? Did you need parental approval to join NFLDC?



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • No I'm good.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Outside of Depp, I never found anything too exciting about the Pirate films.
                  I thought the Pirate movies were wonderfully over-top and simple epic fun. Some of the characters where simply marvelous, like sparrow, Barbosa, the midget, and Keira Knightley is always gorgeous.

                  I know I'm alone on this but the Pirates trilogy was my favorite trilogy. I liked it more than star wars and I liked it a lot more than I did LOTR, which I had loved reading when I was a kid.

                  BK

                  Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                    I thought the Pirate movies were wonderfully over-top and simple epic fun. Some of the characters where simply marvelous, like sparrow, Barbosa, the midget, and Keira Knightley is always gorgeous.

                    I know I'm alone on this but the Pirates trilogy was my favorite trilogy. I liked it more than star wars and I liked it a lot more than I did LOTR, which I had loved reading when I was a kid.
                    Pirates 3 was sooooooooooooooooooo boring so how you can say that is beyond me.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • David O Russel + adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies + Natalie Portman as lead = ******* amazing movie. Can't wait until it comes out but that is still at least a couple years away.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Pirates 3 was sooooooooooooooooooo boring so how you can say that is beyond me.
                        I loved Pirates three. But I like over-top and excessive epicness.
                        1>3>2

                        BK

                        Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                        Comment


                        • Bourne>>>>Pirates>LOTR

                          For Modern trilogies...Im with Rosebud on this one.

                          Touching on the novels, **** Tolkien. Hes boring, overly descriptive, and while I appreciate the influence his writings had on a fantasy genre, hes boring as ****. And that extends beyond LOTR. Other then The Hobbit, which I enjoyed, his works are very uninteresting. The movies are better, as they focus less on a bug on aleaf and more on characters and action, but I never understood the following they garnered. The best actor in the entire trilogy has exactly 1 live action scene.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            Pirates>LOTR
                            You can't be serious.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              You can't be serious.
                              Absolutely 110%. I thought the LOTR was interesting and a good watch, especially for action sequences, but Ive seen the first Pirates more then Ive seen the entire LOTR trilogy combined. Jack Sparrow owns you.

                              I think for me, LOTR is one of those things that is more to be appreciated then enjoyed. I am the same way about The Godfather trilogy. I definitely appreciate the significance and the appeal of the films, but you wont find any of them in my personal top 15.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • LOTR and The Godfather trilogies are not Citizen Kane, they are all very entertaining. Not that I find Citizen Kane boring but I appreciate it more than I like it.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information