Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    For a list of...Worst Movies of the Year? Is that what you were suggesting?
    For movies that were better than the book. Duh. Haven't you read the Mall Cop book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      For movies that were better than the book. Duh. Haven't you read the Mall Cop book?
      Or the GI Joe book.

Loved that one growing up...

Comment

• I liked a clockwork orange a lot more as a film than book, didn't read cuckoo's nest but I adored the film so I think that's one that at least did a great job adapting the book.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          For a list of...Worst Movies of the Year? Is that what you were suggesting?
          I enjoyed those movies more than the other ones listed. It's funny that the so called "worst" movies of the year grossed the most. The Hangover could go at the bottom of that list. It was entertaining but it wasnt as funny as everyone made it out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            I enjoyed those movies more than the other ones listed. It's funny that the so called "worst" movies of the year grossed the most.
            Yea, because quality has everything to do with how much money a movie makes.

I don't know a lot about movies, but I do know that society is about 90% morons. That prolly has more to do with how much money a movie makes than how good it is.

Comment

I enjoyed those movies more than the other ones listed. It's funny that the so called "worst" movies of the year grossed the most. The Hangover could go at the bottom of that list. It was entertaining but it wasnt as funny as everyone made it out to be.

game. set. and match.

But seriously that list was beyond awful.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Yea, because quality has everything to do with how much money a movie makes.

I don't know a lot about movies, but I do know that society is about 90% morons. That prolly has more to do with how much money a movie makes than how good it is.
                The Dark Knight made like a billion dollars and that was quality. Iron Man was on a lot of people's lists here last year and that was the second highest grossing movie of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  I liked a clockwork orange a lot more as a film than book, didn't read cuckoo's nest but I adored the film so I think that's one that at least did a great job adapting the book.
                  You should read the book. Chief narrates it.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

The Dark Knight made like a billion dollars and that was quality. Iron Man was on a lot of people's lists here last year and that was the second highest grossing movie of the year.
                    And neither memento, pi, city of god, idiocracy or wag the dog even close to those numbers while twilight broke TDK's opening day record.
                    Last edited by Rosebud; 12-16-2009, 01:42 AM.

BK

Comment

I didn't say that all highly grossing movies were terrible. Just the fact that the vast majority of people are a bunch of mouth breathers that are easily entertained by shiny objects, flashing lights, and fart jokes is more than likely the main reason movies make a ton of money rather than how much quality there is in them.

Comment

• Yes. And those were good movies. The ones you listed were not. The concept that box office numbers equate to a good movie is absolutely ********. Some of the best movies in recent years, and throughout history, have been box office flops. As iowa stated, the world is filled with idiots, and many of those idiots are easily impressionable and flock to the movies at the smallest hint of sex or an explosion. They are very very ********. Dont be one of those idiots.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

By that logic, New moon is hands down the best film of the year. People will pay to see **** if its advertised correctly.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                            You should read the book. Chief narrates it.
                            I've heard and that sounds so awesome but I don't really read any more, unless it has to do with economics, politics or history. I just find my attention starts wandering and I start visualizing the story and how to put it on a screen, plus I still have way too many movies and shows on my list to watch. Which as a film student is something I need to work on.

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              I didn't say that all highly grossing movies were terrible. Just the fact that the vast majority of people are a bunch of mouth breathers that are easily entertained by shiny objects, flashing lights, and fart jokes is more than likely the main reason movies make a ton of money rather than how much quality there is in them.
                              Basically you just named off The Hangover.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Avatar yet, and if so... what are your thoughts?
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information