Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    By that logic, New moon is hands down the best film of the year. People will pay to see **** if its advertised correctly.
    It wasnt made for guys. Its a love story and guys dont care about that but girls love it. My girlfriend has gone to see Twilight multiple times and loves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
      Basically you just named off The Hangover.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Basically you just named off The Hangover.
        Which is a funny movie and entertaining, but hardly one of great quality.

You seem to be under the impression that because something is entertaining it is of quality. Quite the opposite. Things can be absolutely awful in quality, yet entertaining.

Mallcop falls under neither.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
          Has anyone seen Avatar yet, and if so... what are your thoughts?
          Im going to see it in IMAX this weekend. Pretty excited after the early reviews suggest that its Cameron's best.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
            Has anyone seen Avatar yet, and if so... what are your thoughts?
            I kinda want to see it, just because it's like a giant car wreck. I expect it to be a let down of monumental proportions, yet I can't help but watch it to see for myself.

It's all about low expectations, that way if it's good, I will be more impressed.

Comment

It wasnt made for guys. Its a love story and guys dont care about that but girls love it. My girlfriend has gone to see Twilight multiple times and loves it.
              That is just sexist. Guys can't love a good love story? That's why I still list What Dreams May Come as Robin Williams' second best film right, or why I loved Leon, the fountain and requiem. There's a difference between a good love story and twilight.
              Last edited by Rosebud; 12-16-2009, 01:48 AM.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• My gf really wants to see it. And I love action/fantasy movies. I just didn't nkow if anyone else had saw it :D
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Which is a funny movie and entertaining, but hardly one of great quality.

You seem to be under the impression that because something is entertaining it is of quality. Quite the opposite. Things can be absolutely awful in quality, yet entertaining.

Mallcop falls under neither.
                  What movies would you describe as great quality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                    That is just sexist. Guys can't love a good love story? That's why I still list What Dreams May Come as Robin Williams' second best film right. There's a difference between a good love story and twilight.
                    It's not sexist if its the truth. I bet if you somehow found the ratio of which sex went to see Twilight as well as The Blind Side that it would be overwhelming in favor of females.

Comment

It's not sexist if its the truth. I bet if you somehow found the ratio of which sex went to see Twilight that it would be overwhelming in favor of females.
                      And that makes it any good as a love story? The fact that teen age girls who still don't even know what love is flocked to see wolf boy take off his shirt?

BK

Comment

Because a movie is based off of love means it wasnt made for guys? Uh I have no problem with romance, what I do have a problem with is awful literature stupid people take up and proclaim to be amazing, make a cult following of it, and then have a movie filled with horrible acting, effects, awful directing and people will pay more for it than TDK. That movie is not awful because of romance, or it wasnt made for guys, the entire thing is just plain awful, no matter how nice you make ****, its still ****.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I want to hear how Twilight can even be considered a love story when you compare it to something like What Dreams May Come. Because it made bank?

BK

Comment

And that makes it any good as a love story? The fact that teen age girls who still don't even know what love is flocked to see wolf boy take off his shirt?
                            It wasnt just teenage girls that went to see Twilight. Girls from 15-45 went and saw the movie.

Comment

I want to hear how Twilight can even be considered a love story when you compare it to something like What Dreams May Come. Because it made bank?
                              Because in the story, the characters fall in love within a week of hanging out, hence forth true love.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

What movies would you describe as great quality?
                                While I'm not a big movie savant, I was more offering an explanation as to why movies would make money despite not being of high quality. I may not be big on movies, but I do feel confident in my ability to understand and describe society. It's the same reason Ugg boots, beanie babies, crocs, etc. have all been so popular and made money. It has nothing to do with quality.

But if I had to answer, I'd say Shawshank Redemption, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, and while it isn't very popular, I personally enjoyed Motorcycle Diaries and thought it was quality, to name a few that I've seen, which isn't a whole lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information