Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Because a movie is based off of love means it wasnt made for guys? Uh I have no problem with romance, what I do have a problem with is awful literature stupid people take up and proclaim to be amazing, make a cult following of it, and then have a movie filled with horrible acting, effects, awful directing and people will pay more for it than TDK. That movie is not awful because of romance, or it wasnt made for guys, the entire thing is just plain awful, no matter how nice you make ****, its still ****.
    Well do you know any guy that went and saw Twilight? If you did they use the excuse of "my girlfriend made me." Every guy that has shot down the movie for bad directing and bad acting will also say "HELL NO" when I ask them if they went to see it. I dont see how you can shoot down a movie if you havent seen it.
    Last edited by jayceheathman; 12-16-2009, 03:01 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      While I'm not a big movie savant, I was more offering an explanation as to why movies would make money despite not being of high quality. I may not be big on movies, but I do feel confident in my ability to understand and describe society. It's the same reason Ugg boots, beanie babies, crocs, etc. have all been so popular and made money. It has nothing to do with quality.

      But if I had to answer, I'd say Shawshank Redemption, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, and while it isn't very popular, I personally enjoyed Motorcycle Diaries and thought it was quality, to name a few that I've seen, which isn't a whole lot.
      Well it depends what you look for in a movie. I for one couldnt care less about District 9 yet everyone else loved it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
        Well do you know any guy that went and saw Twilight? If you did they use the excuse of "my girlfriend made me." Every guy that has shot down the movie for bad directing and bad acting will also say "HELL NO" when I ask them if they went to see it. I dont see how you can shoot down a movie if you havent seen it.
        Your making far too many assumptions here to really prove anything.


        Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          Because in the story, the characters fall in love within a week of hanging out, hence forth true love.
          That's what true love is, you see someone hot and you can tolerate for a week and boom. True love. I'm a lucky guy since I've been in true love with at least a dozen women.

          Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          While I'm not a big movie savant, I was more offering an explanation as to why movies would make money despite not being of high quality. I may not be big on movies, but I do feel confident in my ability to understand and describe society. It's the same reason Ugg boots, beanie babies, crocs, etc. have all been so popular and made money. It has nothing to do with quality.

          But if I had to answer, I'd say Shawshank Redemption, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, and while it isn't very popular, I personally enjoyed Motorcycle Diaries and thought it was quality, to name a few that I've seen, which isn't a whole lot.
          Hey, let's not bad mouth uggs, since they are ******* warm and comfy.

          Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          Well do you know any guy that went and saw Twilight? If you did they use the excuse of "my girlfriend made me." Every guy that has shot down the movie for bad directing and bad acting will also say "HELL NO" when I ask them if they went to see it. I dont see how you can shoot down a movie if you havent seen it.
          New Moon or the first one? I saw a large chunk of the first one when it came out, but we left half way through the movie and I had no desire waste my money going to the next one. It was absolute trash.

          BK

          Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            Well it depends what you look for in a movie. I for one couldnt care less about District 9 yet everyone else loved it.
            This is true.

            However, the fact that a movie makes a lot of money is a terrible reason for attempting to say it is of good quality. The fact is most things make money because people are stupid and like to spend money on anything that offers them instant gratification. How much something earns or cost really has little to no baring on it's quality.

            Comment


            • Since I think this might be the most united we've ever been in this thread I'm going to say happy holidays and that we should appreciate twilight for bringing us together in our hatred of twilight.

              BK

              Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                Since I think this might be the most united we've ever been in this thread I'm going to say happy holidays and that we should appreciate twilight for bringing us together in our hatred of twilight.
                Stakes and Crosses are being sent out in the mail, in great big packages with bows from Jvig. Have a happy non twilight holidays.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • I actually know a guy that likes Twilight. I was surprised to find out that he liked it, because he's told me that he mainly likes action movies with violence and all that. He doesn't really have good taste in movies.. IMO, of course.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                    This is true.

                    However, the fact that a movie makes a lot of money is a terrible reason for attempting to say it is of good quality. The fact is most things make money because people are stupid and like to spend money on anything that offers them instant gratification. How much something earns or cost really has little to no baring on it's quality.
                    Its interesting to look into because some of the highly grossing movies the last few years (The Dark Knight, The Bourne Ultimatum, and The Bourne Supremacy) are some of my favorites and are in the top 10 or so for their year. Then again, I am sure there are a lot of people that didnt care for those movies. You do make a point because The Passion of the Christ did make like 400 or so million. Then again I am not Christian.
                    Last edited by jayceheathman; 12-16-2009, 03:21 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      Since I think this might be the most united we've ever been in this thread I'm going to say happy holidays and that we should appreciate twilight for bringing us together in our hatred of twilight.
                      Happy Holidays to you too. It has been the most united we have ever been in here. haha

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        Its interesting to look into because some of the highly grossing movies the last few years (The Dark Knight, The Bourne Ultimatum, and The Bourne Supremacy) are some of my favorites and are in the top 10 or so for their year. You do make a point because The Passion of the Christ did make like 400 or so million. Then again I am not Christian.
                        I just watched the Passion of the christ episode of south park. GIVE ME BACK MAI MONEY!


                        Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          I just watched the Passion of the christ episode of south park. GIVE ME BACK MAI MONEY!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Because in the story, the characters fall in love within a week of hanging out, hence forth true love.
                            just like teens like it.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • Just watched this for the first time:


                              I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was good.


                              worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

                              themaninblack
                              15

                              Comment


                              • i'm going to try and see if i can go my whole life without ever watching any of the twilight movies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information