Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I thought Departed was really over-rated when it came out and still do. I'd put Casino, Gangs of New York as well as the obvious taxi driver and raging bull ahead of it on the scorsese list. I liked it a lot but it wasn't great.
    Last edited by Rosebud; 12-19-2009, 01:21 PM.

    BK

    Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

    Comment


    • I've def. seen the Departed about 88 times and have yet to tire of it.

      Anyway, I was bored and it wasnt snowing yet so I bought some movies.

      I got the Brothers Bloom, the Host <3, Beowulf, the Lodger, and Adaptation.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • And I watched Transformers 2 yesterday. It was pretty much as bad as everyone said it was.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • I just saw The Departed last night. Not the same when it's on FX because of all the language clean up, but still really good.

          Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

          Comment


          • I didnt even think of it until now, but I wonder how these snow storms are going to effect Avatar's three day total.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              I thought Departed was really over-rated when it came out and still do. I'd put Casino, Gangs of New York as well as the obvious taxi driver and raging bull ahead of it on the scorsese list. I liked it a lot but it wasn't great.
              i totally agree, i thought the departed was alright.

              Comment


              • Goodfellas is my favorite Scorsese movie, and his best, and it has the best rewatchability. Methinks.

                Comment


                • The departed is never going to grow old for me, I have seen that movie about 100 times and I am still entertained with it to this day. Not saying its the greatest movie ever, I just can always rewatch it and enjoy it.


                  Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    The departed is never going to grow old for me, I have seen that movie about 100 times and I am still entertained with it to this day. Not saying its the greatest movie ever, I just can always rewatch it and enjoy it.
                    Re-watchability is definitely a factor in choosing best movies. That's one reason I love The Departed. It's the same with Gangs of New York...I love me some Daniel Day Lewis.

                    Comment


                    • Just saw Taken, such a good movie.



                      Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

                      Comment


                      • Scorsese.. I haven't seen all of his movies, but the ones I have seen probably go::

                        1. Taxi Driver
                        2. Goodfellas
                        3. Raging Bull
                        4. Casino
                        5. The Departed
                        6. Gangs of New York

                        They're all pretty awesome though. I didn't like Gangs of New York so much but everything else is great.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Scorsese.. I haven't seen all of his movies, but the ones I have seen probably go::

                          1. Taxi Driver
                          2. Goodfellas
                          3. Raging Bull
                          4. Casino
                          5. The Departed
                          6. Gangs of New York

                          They're all pretty awesome though. I didn't like Gangs of New York so much but everything else is great.
                          I would agree with this list.



                          <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            I would agree with this list.
                            I still don't like you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Scorsese.. I haven't seen all of his movies, but the ones I have seen probably go::

                              1. Taxi Driver
                              2. Goodfellas
                              3. Raging Bull
                              4. Casino
                              5. The Departed
                              6. Gangs of New York

                              They're all pretty awesome though. I didn't like Gangs of New York so much but everything else is great.
                              Gangs of New York is awesome and this list sucks. This list needs more Harvey Keitel wang.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Alright well I just got back from Avatar and all I can say is wow. The visual effects are revolutionary and amazing. As far as the actual movie is concerned it was pretty cliche and over the top, but still quite enjoyable. It sort of had a District 9 feel to it. I recommend going to see this movie in theatres though for the sheer viewing experience.
                                .......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information