Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watched Avatar yesterday in 3d. After my hungover brain adjusted to it, it was awesome.

    Movie itself was very solid if not a little cheesy, but the special effects and 3d factor was just amazing. I certainly recommend watching it in the cinemas.

    Also, hope there is an extended edition when released on DVD as there were just some loose ends that I would have loved to see get tied up a little better but maybe that's just me. That said, I generally consider it a good sign when you walk out of a movie and wished it was longer.


    Props to BK on the sig!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
      Watched Avatar yesterday in 3d. After my hungover brain adjusted to it, it was awesome.

      Movie itself was very solid if not a little cheesy, but the special effects and 3d factor was just amazing. I certainly recommend watching it in the cinemas.

      Also, hope there is an extended edition when released on DVD as there were just some loose ends that I would have loved to see get tied up a little better but maybe that's just me. That said, I generally consider it a good sign when you walk out of a movie and wished it was longer.
      I agree, usually I am not a fan of 3d movies, but this was the first one that I have ever seen that I would be willing to go back in and watch again.




      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

      Comment


      • I agree, usually I am not a fan of 3d movies, but this was the first one that I have ever seen that I would be willing to go back in and watch again.
        I had never seen another movie in 3d so was kind of revolutionary for me, certainly is something that fit the movie well and really it felt like the next logical step in film making.


        Props to BK on the sig!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          I watched about 40 minutes of the new Punisher movie, and I had to turn it off. It was absolutely awful. One of the worst things Ive ever seen.
          Punisher: War Zone is amazing. You shut your mouth.

          BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • I need recommendations of what to watch.


            worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

            themaninblack
            15

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I watched about 40 minutes of the new Punisher movie, and I had to turn it off. It was absolutely awful. One of the worst things Ive ever seen.
              Please tell me you got to the part where he hits a dude doing a back flip off of a building perfectly in mid air with a missile. One of the most impossible things ive seen in a movie. Totally made that movie enjoyable for me.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Not that they've been compared.. but War Zone was worlds better than Ninja Assassin. I didn't hate War Zone, I didn't think it took itself very seriously.

                Comment


                • I never get sick of School of Rock.


                  http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • Even though I understand it wasnt taking itself all that seriously and was trying very hard to be a "comic book movie" I found War Zone to be absolutely unbearable. It wasnt a fun action movie like Shoot Em Up or Wanted, it was just awful in about every category. Not even Julie Benz looking hot as a brunette saved that movie. It was atrocious.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                    Comment


                    • War Zone was all kinds of fun. Nowhere near as good as Rambo (Julie Benz knows good movies), but I'd much rather watch War Zone than Wanted.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        War Zone was all kinds of fun. Nowhere near as good as Rambo (Julie Benz knows good movies), but I'd much rather watch War Zone than Wanted.
                        Yeah, Rambo was better than War Zone fa sho.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                          War Zone was all kinds of fun. Nowhere near as good as Rambo (Julie Benz knows good movies), but I'd much rather watch War Zone than Wanted.
                          Yeah the Tim Roth direced War Zone is fun times what with the context matter and all.

                          Oh you mean the Punisher sequel...


                          RIP TheManInBlack

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Not that they've been compared.. but War Zone was worlds better than Ninja Assassin. I didn't hate War Zone, I didn't think it took itself very seriously.
                            "Do you remember the noise she made when I stuck her?"
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Not that they've been compared.. but War Zone was worlds better than Ninja Assassin. I didn't hate War Zone, I didn't think it took itself very seriously.
                              Yeah, Seriously, Ninja assassin is one of the few movies I can recall not enjoying a single scene through the entire movie. That movie sucked.


                              Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                              Comment


                              • Who here hasnt seen the Host? I just watched it for my 3rd time and it just gets better and better. This was my first time watching it without any real interruption. Amazing movie. Hilarious and shot beautifully.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information