No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That NFL commercial of Mario Williams coming out of nowhere and grabbing that kid, always reminds of the Host's scene where the little girl is taken by the monster. But yes, a very good movie.

Comment

• I'm starting winter break very soon and I need some movies to watch. I can't really explain the type of movie I want to see in terms of genre, but I am kinda looking for the movies that are mainstream but not amazingly marketable/popular or an Indy movie that hit it big.
      A couple of movies that I have seen recently or downloaded that kinda fit the bill for me are:
      Extract-hated it, but in theory it fit what I wanted
      Adventureland-Saw it and enjoyed it
      Away We Go-Not great but entertaining
      Sideways-Obviously not recent and I've seen it a million times but it fits the bill.
      Taking Woodstock-Still need to see
      500 Days of Summer-Still need to see

I appreciate any help.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
        I'm starting winter break very soon and I need some movies to watch. I can't really explain the type of movie I want to see in terms of genre, but I am kinda looking for the movies that are mainstream but not amazingly marketable/popular or an Indy movie that hit it big.
        A couple of movies that I have seen recently or downloaded that kinda fit the bill for me are:
        Extract-hated it, but in theory it fit what I wanted
        Adventureland-Saw it and enjoyed it
        Away We Go-Not great but entertaining
        Sideways-Obviously not recent and I've seen it a million times but it fits the bill.
        Taking Woodstock-Still need to see
        500 Days of Summer-Still need to see

I appreciate any help.
        -Be Kind Rewind is very underrated movie and pretty hilarous
        -Notable Christain Bale movies Rescue Dawn and The Prestige are both MUST SEE
        -If you liked Sideways, you'd like The Life Aquatic, although you've proably seen it
        -A bit older, but Made is a really good Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn movie. It's more of a Swingers style comedy than it is Couples Retreat... Back when Vaughn used to try.

Comment

• Avatar is definitely something that needs to be experience in 3D and in theaters. It's incredible and never feels like it's getting too long. The love scene was a little much and the chanting prayers, but I can't knock a single thing in this movie.

When it's over your saying wow, but I don't think it's a movie I am going to want to watch over and over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
            -Be Kind Rewind is very underrated movie and pretty hilarous
            -Notable Christain Bale movies Rescue Dawn and The Prestige are both MUST SEE
            -If you liked Sideways, you'd like The Life Aquatic, although you've proably seen it
            -A bit older, but Made is a really good Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn movie. It's more of a Swingers style comedy than it is Couples Retreat... Back when Vaughn used to try.
            Rescue Dawn SUCKED so much dick

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I wasnt a fan either.

As for Be Kind Rewind, i was expecting so much more. It was alright but, nothing special, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I watched Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist last night, which was ok at best. I still adore Kat Dennings, but the movie itself was the definition of average.

Also watched Easy Virtue, with Jessica Biel and Colin Firth. Read the play in class last year, and the movie was just ok. Biel is always fun to look at though, and some of the highbrow humor, particularly Firth as the misanthropic father, was entertaining. Certainly not a bad movie, but pretty forgettable.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I wasnt a fan either.

As for Be Kind Rewind, i was expecting so much more. It was alright but, nothing special, imo.
                  Look at the budget and hype it received. It wasn't supposed to be an over the top, big spending, highly marketed type movie. It was quietly a solid movie in my opinion. It wasn't expected to be much, and I think that's why I liked it..a lot.

Rescue Dawn sucked dick? Ummmm, agree to disagree I guess. When actors completely invest their entire being into a movie like Bale and Zahn becoming anorexic just for a part to be "realistic", then hell yeah I think it's a worth while movie.

Comment

• Be Kind Rewind was fine, but definitely not Gondry's best work.

You might like the Brothers Bloom, Josh. It's neck and neck with 500 Days for my favorite movie this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      Look at the budget and hype it received. It wasn't supposed to be an over the top, big spending, highly marketed type movie. It was quietly a solid movie in my opinion. It wasn't expected to be much, and I think that's why I liked it..a lot.

Rescue Dawn sucked dick? Ummmm, agree to disagree I guess. When actors completely invest their entire being into a movie like Bale and Zahn becoming anorexic just for a part to be "realistic", then hell yeah I think it's a worth while movie.
                      There's probably more involved in a good movie then just method acting.

Comment

• I just bought the Brothers Bloom the other day, I've heard mixed things but, I've been eagerly awaiting, Rian Johnson's follow up to Brick. And well, the cast doesnt look too shabby, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I honestly, cant even remember that much of Rescue Dawn. I just remember I thought it was rather cliche and it was very slow at times. Another movie I was expecting a lot more out of. I was actually surprised by the excellent reviews it received in the end.

As for Be Kind Rewind, I knew what I was in for but, it wasnt nearly as funny as I was hoping for. It never really did come together for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            There's probably more involved in a good movie then just method acting.
                            ...Probably. Yeah, there is. It must be a taste thing. I'm more easily entertained than others and get sick of critics picking at every aspect of a movie from the inside out. So I guess some hated it, but to me it's a good movie.

Comment

• new trailers out for robin hood with russell crowe.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                                new trailers out for robin hood with russell crowe.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/
                                it's Ridley Scott, so you know the action scenes will be legit

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information