No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Crowe is an absolute awful casting for Robin Hood. It's basically Medieval Gladiator.

Comment

• And it's Russell Crowe, so you know acting's gonna be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Russell Crowe is an absolute awful casting for Robin Hood. It's basically Medieval Gladiator.
        works for me, movies like this I dont watch for the plot, I watch for the senseless action

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
          -Be Kind Rewind is very underrated movie and pretty hilarous
          -Notable Christain Bale movies Rescue Dawn and The Prestige are both MUST SEE
          -If you liked Sideways, you'd like The Life Aquatic, although you've proably seen it
          -A bit older, but Made is a really good Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn movie. It's more of a Swingers style comedy than it is Couples Retreat... Back when Vaughn used to try.
          Those are all good suggestions, unfortunately Ive seen every single one of those movies except Rescue Dawn. I'll give that one a try. Thanks.

You mentioning the Prestige reminds me of a debate I've had a few times. Which one of the magic movies of that year do you prefer, the Illusionist or the Prestige?

Also, in response to another post, I agree on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I'll always have thing for Kat Dennings but that movie was not very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post

Also, in response to another post, I agree on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I'll always have thing for Kat Dennings but that movie was not very good.
            Kats rockin' tits were basically the sole driving force behind that little flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              Kats rockin' tits were basically the sole driving force behind that little flick.
              They were the only reason I saw it.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                If I could, I would plus rep you the maximum amount I am capable of. You summed up my feelings about that movie so perfectly and succinctly.

Comment

Comment

• Avatar is the second best movie of the year behind Inglorious Basterds. Blind Side was also pretty good, and Invictus was alright I suppose.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Avatar was way too long, and I was bored much of the time. Amazing visuals yes, but I guess that's not what I like about movies. The story was unoriginal and sub-par.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                        I'm starting winter break very soon and I need some movies to watch. I can't really explain the type of movie I want to see in terms of genre, but I am kinda looking for the movies that are mainstream but not amazingly marketable/popular or an Indy movie that hit it big.
                        A couple of movies that I have seen recently or downloaded that kinda fit the bill for me are:
                        Extract-hated it, but in theory it fit what I wanted
                        Adventureland-Saw it and enjoyed it
                        Away We Go-Not great but entertaining
                        Sideways-Obviously not recent and I've seen it a million times but it fits the bill.
                        Taking Woodstock-Still need to see
                        500 Days of Summer-Still need to see

I appreciate any help.
                        Have you seen Idiocracy? I haven't seen Extract but they're both Mike Judge movies. Maybe you'll hate it less than Extract.

How about The Machinist? Narc was pretty good, I never hear anyone talking about that. Maybe Crank? One Hour Photo also comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                          Avatar was way too long, and I was bored much of the time. Amazing visuals yes, but I guess that's not what I like about movies. The story was unoriginal and sub-par.
                          I thought the story was quite good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Have you seen Idiocracy? I haven't seen Extract but they're both Mike Judge movies. Maybe you'll hate it less than Extract.

How about The Machinist? Narc was pretty good, I never hear anyone talking about that. Maybe Crank? One Hour Photo also comes to mind.
                            I liked idiocracy a lot more than Extract and of course, I loved Office Space. I am by no means a Mike Judge hater, I even like Dilbert.

Crank and Crank 2 are in my opinion two of the greatest films of all time, when seeing them, my housemate and I were in the correct mindset to fully enjoy the movie after smoking a lot. Half Baked has nothing on these movies.

I will definitely give Narc and the Machinist a try. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

• <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• 40 Year Old Virgin is on USA.. Everyone in the movie is awesome.. Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, the MC Hammer guy, and of course Carrell.. I don't think I could get tired of this movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information