No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Avatar yesterday. Pretty friggin awesome. Going out to watch Invictus in a bit just because there is rugby in it.

Comment

• Just saw Avatar as well. I realllllly liked it. At the end there, it goes totally bad ass, to reallllllly sad, and then totally bad ass again. I thought it was really well done.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        Saw Avatar yesterday. Pretty friggin awesome. Going out to watch Invictus in a bit just because there is rugby in it.
        Not because it has God and Matt Damon in it, runs along one of the most compelling stories in history (Mandela, ending apartheid, unification, etc.), or because it looks like a flatout awesome movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          Not because it has God and Matt Damon in it, runs along one of the most compelling stories in history (Mandela, ending apartheid, unification, etc.), or because it looks like a flatout awesome movie?
          Nope, just because of the rugby. Those other things are just gravy on top.

Comment

• The visuals in Avatar are amazing, and there are some pretty epic shots. That said, without the visuals, you have a movie with a terribly predictable plot, and rather plain dialogue.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
              Nope, just because of the rugby. Those other things are just gravy on top.
              For the sole reason that I play rugby, I went and saw the other mess of a movie that was based on a high school rugby team. It came out like a year ago, and I don't even remember what the movie was called...Terrible

Thank God they made this movie. Not only is it based on a pretty incredible true story and filled with EXCELLENT actors, but the movie is just all around awesome. Finally they do the sport of rugby some justice.

It helps that Matt Damon is the man.

Comment

• I went and saw Avatar in 4D, came out dressed like a full blown Navi. The plot is predictable for the most part, and like said above the dialogue isn't anything special....But the effects and action blew me away.

It's definitely worth all the hype, and I love the fact that the final battle scene is atleast 30 mins long.

That being said, I coulda done without the alien love scene as I sat next to my 9 year old sister and 7 year old neice.

Comment

• I watched Beowulf for the first time today. I was reluctant to see it when it first came out because, I mean how many Beowulf movies have there been? Like 20 and I probably saw 10 variations, so I was in no hurry. That being said though, I liked it. Oddly enough Angelina's character came out looking the weirdest. Computers cant handle her unique hotness, I suppose.

Anyway, Brendan Gleeson, Anthony Hopkins, and Ray Winstone were full of win. And Alison Lohman's character was actually cute for a CG chick. haha. Cuter than Alison Lohman in some scenes, in fact. lol. And Lohman can be pretty cute, see Big Fish. But anyway, yeah it was better than I thought it would be.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-23-2009, 10:48 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I watched Beowulf for the first time today. I was reluctant to see it when it first came out because, I mean how many Beowulf movies have there been? Like 20 and I probably saw 10 variations, so I was in no hurry. That being said though, I liked it. Oddly enough Angelina's character came out looking the weirdest. Computers cant handle her unique hotness, I suppose.

Anyway, Brendan Gleeson, Anthony Hopkins, and Ray Winstone were full of win. And Alison Lohman's character was actually cute for a CG chick. haha. Cuter than Alison Lohman in some scenes, in fact. lol. And Lohman can be pretty cute, see Big Fish. But anyway, yeah it was better than I thought it would be.
                    first time I saw that movie was at the drafthouse in Austin, we got drunk as **** watching and when he burst out the sea monster's eye and screams "BEOWULF!" I was laughing so hard I couldnt breathe

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      I went and saw Avatar in 4D, came out dressed like a full blown Navi. The plot is predictable for the most part, and like said above the dialogue isn't anything special....But the effects and action blew me away.

It's definitely worth all the hype, and I love the fact that the final battle scene is atleast 30 mins long.

That being said, I coulda done without the alien love scene as I sat next to my 9 year old sister and 7 year old neice.
                      Wait, there's some place that lets you time travel and watch Avatar? Sign me up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                        I went and saw Avatar in 4D, came out dressed like a full blown Navi. The plot is predictable for the most part, and like said above the dialogue isn't anything special....But the effects and action blew me away.

What? Alien sex? I now want to see it even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          Wait, there's some place that lets you time travel and watch Avatar? Sign me up...
                          I wasn't sure how I got into the loin cloth and an arrow in my shoulder, but damn straight it's an experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                            What? Alien sex? I now want to see it even more.
                            if by sex you mean making out and light spooning, then yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              if by sex you mean making out and light spooning, then yes.
                              Oh, such false hopes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                                Oh, such false hopes.
                                In a dream world: penetration, action, penetration, action, penetration, and then the movie just sort of ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information