Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just watched District 9.

It was alright to pretty good through the first half, but the last 30-45 minutes and ending are absolutely terrible. Also, the story has no depth whatsoever. I just kept waiting for the story being built up to something, but it was kind of like, "Ok, we're kinda bored now so we're just going to stop."

IMO, definitely not worth paying money to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      So just watched District 9.

It was alright to pretty good through the first half, but the last 30-45 minutes and ending are absolutely terrible. Also, the story has no depth whatsoever. I just kept waiting for the story being built up to something, but it was kind of like, "Ok, we're kinda bored now so we're just going to stop."

IMO, definitely not worth paying money to see.
      Really? I loved the end and that whole movie. I thought the worst part of that movie was the first 30 to 40 minutes because I couldn't relate to any of the characters since the main guy was a total dick.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Best. Christmas movie. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Really? I loved the end and that whole movie. I thought the worst part of that movie was the first 30 to 40 minutes because I couldn't relate to any of the characters since the main guy was a total dick.
          Well I thought the whole movie was building towards something, so it was ok. But the ending didn't really do anything. There was absolutely no closure and nothing was accomplished through the story. It was basically a made up documentary with sweet weapons. There wasn't even a moral to it, like hey you guys are being screwed and I wanna help you. It was just hey, this stuff happened, and then this happened afterward, the end.

Comment

• Boom! Outta here.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Just saw The Road. Man that is one bleak and depressing movie.
              I'm just glad they didn't include the dead baby stuck to a spike in the movie...The movie is depressing, but the book is a flat out "downer"

Still a fan of both though.

Comment

• What did everyone think of Avatar?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                  What did everyone think of Avatar?

I loved it, I thought it was really well done. Much has been made about the story and how it wasn't "original," but you don't need to revolutionize if you do it very well. The 3D is the future of Movies; after years of promise the format finally has its champion in Avatar. Overall I would put it in the pantheon of great 00s epics like The Dark Knight and Lord of the Rings.

Comment

• I'm not sure whether the ESPN 30 for 30 films counts, but just watched "The U", and it was excellent. I never comprehended the impact the Hurricanes had on college football during the 80's into the 90's.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      I'm not sure whether the ESPN 30 for 30 films counts, but just watched "The U", and it was excellent. I never comprehended the impact the Hurricanes had on college football during the 80's into the 90's.
                      I watched that too. That was pretty awesome.

Comment

• For those who have seen Avatar, is it too preachy? I mean I already know the messages it tries to convey, but I won't care to see it if those messages are going to be forced down my throat for over two and a half hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          For those who have seen Avatar, is it too preachy? I mean I already know the messages it tries to convey, but I won't care to see it if those messages are going to be forced down my throat for over two and a half hours.
                          Um.

It makes its point...dunno if it qualifies as preachy.

For my sake, just go ahead and skip the movie.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I'm confused. How does which movies I do and do not see affect your life at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post

Best. Christmas movie. Ever.
                              Jingle All the Way is my favorite too. I could just relate to this kid so well because I too had an obsession with action figures and I wished I could get an action figure like that one.

Comment

• Home Alone > all christmas movies

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information