Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
    I'm not sure whether the ESPN 30 for 30 films counts, but just watched "The U", and it was excellent. I never comprehended the impact the Hurricanes had on college football during the 80's into the 90's.
    Dan Lebetard in his ratty t-shirt is the best thing about that documentary. Very good though, I love the 30 for 30's. Bill Simmons has been amazing for ESPN and he's blowing up with the books and now getting these films off the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      For those who have seen Avatar, is it too preachy? I mean I already know the messages it tries to convey, but I won't care to see it if those messages are going to be forced down my throat for over two and a half hours.
      No. It's a good action adventure flick with (in my opinion) a great cast. A post on the previous page said the acting was terrible. I guess I disagree with that. The battles are excellent, the effects are nothing but fun, and it's a movie you just go into looking to come out and say, "hell yeah that was cool."

There was an article on yahoo.com saying it has political messages, some people say it's discriminating Native Americans, or has other ideals being "preached".

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I like going into movies to forget about the real world for a while...And to me it was simply a good movie.
      Last edited by Whistler6; 12-25-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Arnold was robbed of an oscar for this.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
          Home Alone > all christmas movies
          Agreed sir.

Comment

I'm confused. How does which movies I do and do not see affect your life at all?
            I didn't like it, so if I were you I would not see it. That's what I meant.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

For those who have seen Avatar, is it too preachy? I mean I already know the messages it tries to convey, but I won't care to see it if those messages are going to be forced down my throat for over two and a half hours.
              I shall refer you to me previous post about Avatar:

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              The visuals in Avatar are amazing, and there are some pretty epic shots. That said, without the visuals, you have a movie with a terribly predictable plot, and rather plain dialogue.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Psh to Avatar. If I want cool visuals Ill eat some mushrooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                  Psh to Avatar. If I want cool visuals Ill eat some mushrooms.
                  I like where your head is at...But why settle for 1 when you can have both?

Comment

• nvm i didnt read above lol

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland would be better for that sort of thing.

Comment

• Hallucinogens will probably make Tim Burton movies look normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Hallucinogens will probably make Tim Burton movies look normal.
                          or, at the very least, watchable.

Comment

• I'm watching Bad Santa for the first time.. it's on SpikeTV, but it's still pretty damn funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              I'm watching Bad Santa for the first time.. it's on SpikeTV, but it's still pretty damn funny.
                              you should watch it with all the cussing and uncensored fun

Comment

• It's a funny movie, but I think I might be in the minority when I say I'm kind of annoyed by Billy Boy Thorton's dick head character that he usually plays. Kind of like Will Farrell and Vince Vaughn...They become successful with certain roles and for the next several roles every movie seems to be based on the same guy.

Loved Bad Santa, but Mr Woodcock and Bad News Bears just made rewatching him annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information