Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
    Good acting and solid story? I would have to disagree. I thought the acting was pretty poor all around and the predictability of the story made it a lot less entertaining. I (obviously) agree with your assessment of the visual effects - they were amazing.

Avatar is how video game movies need to be done. Could you imagine a motion capture Master Chief or Solid Snake doing some ridiculous things on screen? Can't wait til effects like those are the norm.
    It was exactly what I thought it was going to be, and I mean that in a positive way. If you were going into a movie like Avatar and expecting to be blown away by the acting, when 60% of the time the characters on screen are animated, then you really only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. Similarly, the movie wasnt built to showcase the storyline. It story was an engine used to display the absolutely stunning visual effects of the film. Like I said before, the story wasnt anything new, and I didnt claim that it was. But I didnt find it took anything away from the film. It wasnt like a Michael Bay film which is all effects, and no story or characters. There was a story, there were developing characters, and overall, they helped display the magnificent effects the movie will be remembered for.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Am I the only one who really didn't care about the visual effects in Avatar? Yeah, they were good, but the movie was way too annoying for me to enjoy them. I'm used to movies with great special effects.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• uh, most of my best friends have already seen avatar and the others either have no intention to or just recently had his glasses ruined because he passed out with his shoes on and is no blind as ****. I need to find boomers and get some people to go there booming and finally see this *****.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I just raided Wal Mart's Blu Ray section...True Romance, Rocknrolla, Blood Diamond, The Departed, American Psycho, and Thank You For Smoking for 55 bucks. I love Boxing week shopping.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I just raided Wal Mart's Blu Ray section...True Romance, Rocknrolla, Blood Diamond, The Departed, American Psycho, and Thank You For Smoking for 55 bucks. I love Boxing week shopping.
            Those prices suck. You should have purchased a blu-ray disk burner, some blanks, and start downloading those 1080p rips.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I buy blu-rays because I'm a good human being unlike you. You are a bad person Brent.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I buy blu-rays because I'm a good human being unlike you. You are a bad person Brent.
                I dont buy blu-rays because I dont have a blu-ray player. I do have netflix.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Just saw 500 Days of Summer. So ******* good.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I cant get to sleep so I am putting in Garden State, does the trick for me every time.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Everyone should see The Diving Bell and the Butterfly it's such a fantastic film.

Comment

• Just saw Jackie Brown... and I think I have a crush on a Bridget Fonda.

Those legs... awww fuuucccckkkk.

Good movie btw. DeNiro and Jackson have a Travolta/Jackson-esque "I just shot Marvin in the face" scene. Laugh out loud funny.
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                        Originally posted by GoRavens
                        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                          Just saw Jackie Brown... and I think I have a crush on a Bridget Fonda.

Those legs... awww fuuucccckkkk.

Good movie btw. DeNiro and Jackson have a Travolta/Jackson-esque "I just shot Marvin in the face" scene. Laugh out loud funny.
                          Jackie Brown is really underrated. It's not an amazing movie but its a fun and its well done. I love the characters. It's simple but the acting and dialogue is great. It has an excellent cast too.

Comment

• I got The Descent (personal fav) and Mystic River from the 5$ bin at wal mart today, yay.

Comment

• I know it's old, but someone made me watch Transformers 2... I had to quit half way through despite Megan Fox being in it. It might have been watchable if she were naked but otherwise, it's going in my top 20 worst movies ever.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Anyone seen Lars von Trier's Kingdom miniseries?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information