Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
    Just saw Jackie Brown... and I think I have a crush on a Bridget Fonda.

Those legs... awww fuuucccckkkk.
    I'm pretty sure everyone feels this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
      Just saw Jackie Brown... and I think I have a crush on a Bridget Fonda.

Those legs... awww fuuucccckkkk.

Good movie btw. DeNiro and Jackson have a Travolta/Jackson-esque "I just shot Marvin in the face" scene. Laugh out loud funny.
      Great characters is Jackie, including Pam Grier making her film comeback in the title role, she's come a long way from getting naked as a vigilante hooker in Bucktown & Coffy & the 70s Blaxploitation flicks. Grier put on just enough weight for the role.

Jane Fonda is very attractive in JB & in a 1-star bad thriller Lake Placid, she & dad Peter are the best of the Fondas. She was so annoying as a chatty cathy that no one blamed DeNiro for shooting her int he mall parking lot to shut her up, but then again no one blames DeNiro for any evil thing he ever does, he's DeNiro! Only Mad Jack Nicholson is on as high a shelf as he is in Hollywood.

Loved Jackson as Odell, baddest homicidal screen role ever, he set the crossover precedent there for his later similar role in Pulp Fiction for Tarantino. Everybody should have a copy of Jackie Brown for their DVD collection.

Comment

• Up in the Air was greatness and Sherlock Holmes was decent enough. That's my Monday movie report.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Loved Jackson as Odell, baddest homicidal screen role ever, he set the crossover precedent there for his later similar role in Pulp Fiction for Tarantino. Everybody should have a copy of Jackie Brown for their DVD collection.
          Are you suggesting 1997 happened before 1994?

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
            I know it's old, but someone made me watch Transformers 2... I had to quit half way through despite Megan Fox being in it. It might have been watchable if she were naked but otherwise, it's going in my top 20 worst movies ever.
            completely agree. it was a terrible terrible movie and i hated how most people i talked to loved it cause of explosions and meg fox.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Up in the Air was a pretty damn good movie. I think it was easily superior to Reitman's other two big movies, both of which I liked.

Comment

• I broke down and watched the first five Harry Potter's.

1. :)

2. :(

3. :)

4. :)

5. :(

My thoughts in a nut shell and I haven't read any of the books and don't plan on it so ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  5. :(

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I have the 6th but haven't watched it yet.

That said I pretty much know what to expect since my brother told me even after I asked him not to asshole.

Comment

• Up In The Air was good, very good, but did not strike me as great. A pretty perfect cast. I loved seeing Clooney in the 'cutting loose' type of scenes and he fits the character perfectly.
                      Reitman hasn't missed yet, but there was yet again a pretty big plot point that I didn't like in this one. No dialogue that made me wince this time, but he may have come a little close with Bateman's character.

Comment

• The three main characters in Up in the Air were a million times more human and interesting than any of the notable characters in either Thank You for Smoking or Juno. I liked those two movies, but they were stories about unrealistic archetypes that worked because they were snappily written and well-paced. Not to say that the characters in Up in the Air weren't conceptual representations either, but they impressively developed and ranged. Simply, it was a wonderful story that had more temporal significance than any movie I've seen in some time and didn't condescend to me by following through on the cliched plot points it hinted at early on.

edit - I'm not sure I'd apply the "great" title either. I think they did a great job making the movie, especially with what they did to cast the people who were fired, but the end result was fairly somber and didn't offer much of a spectacle (although that was obviously intentional based on the editing). It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was really enjoyable.
                        Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 12-28-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Inception teaser number 2, still ******* confused. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I am not sure what is happening with Inception, but color me intrigued.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Inception is going to be the greatest thing of all time.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information