Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Did anyone see Invictus?
    I'll tell you later since I'll end up watching it as I'm going to get "iced in" with all the ice on the roads

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      Did anyone see Invictus? I see that it was released on the 11th but it's only has 2 showtimes at the theaters around me. Did it flop that bad?
      It's probably going to be just what you expect. With that being said it's a very solid movie and is quite enjoyable. Morgan Freeman is awesome and Matt Damon is always studly. It's also very accurate to the actual events. It's not going to blow you away but it's definitely worth watching.

Comment

• Just got back from Where The Wild Things Are. Good solid movie. It was a bit heavy and melancholy at times, which maybe a bit much for my little 9 and 6 year old brother and sister who watched it with me, but they are just growing up fast and awesome.

And props to that kid Max Records, I thought he did a great job.

Comment

• Now playing...

Pump Up The Volume

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
            Now playing...

Pump Up The Volume
            ..........Why.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Because............

Comment

• Anybody see District 9? I think this has taken my number 1 scifi movie slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                  Anybody see District 9? I think this has taken my number 1 scifi movie slot.
                  Ever or for 2009? It's definitely my favorite scifi flick for 2009.

Comment

Anybody see District 9? I think this has taken my number 1 scifi movie slot.
                    #1? There's no way in hell. It was a cool movie with great special effects and a bit of humor, but it laid the apartheid commentary on thick and didn't have much of a plot outside of that commentary.

It really depends on how you define sci-fi, I suppose, but so long as we're taking the general stance on the genre, District 9 doesn't even crack my top 10.

Comment

• For right now...I'm not too into scifi flix, its been awhile since I've watched any. I'm not to into the whole space thing.

Comment

For right now...I'm not too into scifi flix, its been awhile since I've watched any. I'm not to into the whole space thing.
                        I think for me it goes, for top 5:

1) 2001
                        2) Star Wars (original trilogy)
                        3) Alien Trilogy (ignore everything after 3rd movie)
                        4) Blade Runner
                        5) Close Encounters

Comment

For right now...I'm not too into scifi flix, its been awhile since I've watched any. I'm not to into the whole space thing.
                          Strictly speaking, science fiction isn't dictated by "space".

Seriously, go watch Bladerunner, The Fifth Element, T2, Children of Men, Brazil, or Moon. All sci-fi. All great movies.

Comment

• District 9 is a **** ton better than The Fifth Element. Speaking of those movies, Dark City is the most underrated sci-fi movie of all time.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I ******* loved The Fifth Element.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                Strictly speaking, science fiction isn't dictated by "space".

Seriously, go watch Bladerunner, The Fifth Element, T2, Children of Men, Brazil, or Moon. All sci-fi. All great movies.
                                Children of Men and The Fountain are both amazing sci-fi movies and probably my favorite movies from 2006, regardless of genre.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information