Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I didn't want to be the one to bring this up but since no one else will and it is the best science fiction film of all time...

I raise you a Transformers 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Really? I figured the spectacle of it on the big screen would be a big impetus. Honestly, I think I enjoyed the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie more for seeing it in theaters, and the impression I've gotten from what I know of Sherlock Holmes makes me think the same.
      Could be. Pirates was much better on the big screen way back when. Holmes was pretty good. But if you haven't seen 'Up in the Air' already, you're making a bad mistake seeing Holmes first.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Let me ask you a question: Where does The Wrestler fall for you? I'm inclined to believe it's my least favorite (not that it wasn't one of the best movies of the year).
        The Fountain
        Pi
        Requiem
        Wrestler

at least that is how I see it, I loved Pi more than most... also, he is with Rachel Weisz who I find to be ridiculously hot

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'm saving the disappointment for all of you that haven't seen Sherlock Holmes yet, but the Rachel McAdams corset scene is not in the movie. Huge disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            Could be. Pirates was much better on the big screen way back when. Holmes was pretty good. But if you haven't seen 'Up in the Air' already, you're making a bad mistake seeing Holmes first.
            Already seen that one, so no worries. Still gotta go out and get the Avatar experience though.

The Fountain
            Pi
            Requiem
            Wrestler

at least that is how I see it, I loved Pi more than most... also, he is with Rachel Weisz who I find to be ridiculously hot
            Your rankings and your feeling about Rachel Weisz mirror mine exactly.

Comment

Your rankings and your feeling about Rachel Weisz mirror mine exactly.
              ridiculous! haha

I think I'll watch The Fountain tonight

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I was very disappointed to not see the Rachel McAdams corset scene in Sherlock Holmes. Will have to wait for the DVD for that. As for Sci Fi of the year, I liked D9, but Avatar and Moon were both better films IMO.

Touching upon the Aronofsky business, I was one of the few people who wasnt a big fan of The Wrestler. I felt it had a good performance by Rourke, but outside of that the movie fell flat for me. I know alot of people loved it, and I respect that, but it didnt do it for me.

Touching upon Sci Fi movies, Dark City is very underrated, so I agree with that. Also, Sunshine is a movie which I really feel was a fantastic and underrated sci fi movie.

That said, my favorite sci fi from the past decade is Minority Report. I absolutely love that flick. One of my all time top 10 sci fi films and definitely my top from the last 10 years (I dont think ESSM is a Sci Fi movie, more of a romantic dramedy with sci fi elements)
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I never understood why more people dont talk about minority report. I went in with low expectations and came away very impressed.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Moon is definitely my top sci-fi from this year.

Next I'd probably go with Star Trek.
                    Then D9.
                    Then Avatar.

All good movies. But Moon was great. I feel like I say that too often.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      Moon is definitely my top sci-fi from this year.

Then D9.
                      Then Avatar.

You actually can't say it enough.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm about to see District 9 for the first time. I'm pretty excited!

Comment

• I'm probably going to watch a movie tonight. I have so many to watch yet. I think it's between the Hangover and Terminator Salvation tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• The Hangover was awesome. I did not like Terminator Salvation.
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              Moon is definitely my top sci-fi from this year.

Then D9.
                              Then Avatar.

There is never too much Rockwell.

Comment

• I thought TS was ok enough for one watch.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information