X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely go with the Hangover.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
      I thought TS was ok enough for one watch.
      In terms of a summer action flick I enjoyed it, but in comparison to the first two its kind of weak. We need to stop letting new directors take over sequels to awesome movies. I will be so pissed if WB doesnt have Nolan direct the third Batman movie.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Terminator Salvation was good, but I couldn't help but think it should have been better than it was. Something was missing.

A movie that I thought was better than I thought was Watchmen. I am a huge fan of the comic book, and while I have plenty of minor gripes, I think it did a pretty good job with the source material. It is blasphemy almost, but I kind of like Ozymandias' plan in the movie better than in the comic.

Comment

• I liked Watchmen as well, but I despised the casting of Goode as Ozymandias. I like him as an actor, but he was horribly miscast.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Moon is by far the best scifi of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I liked Watchmen as well, but I despised the casting of Goode as Ozymandias. I like him as an actor, but he was horribly miscast.
              That role needed more heft and they needed to make the "surprise" less obvious. In the comic it was a big reveal, in the movie the signs were too readily seen.

Comment

• I liked Watchmen as well, a good but not great movie, imo.

It's long as hell, though. So I dont really have an urge to re-watch it again and again. I saw it in theatres and watched the blu ray once and now, it's pretty much a dust collector.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Watchmen was good. I had to urinate very, very badly near the end so it was a bad experience. I was hoping for a bad abrupt cliffhanger ending just so I could go.. I'd like to watch it again sometime though.

Comment

• lol

I had to go so bad during the Dark Knight. A really bad experience as well, felt like my bladder was going to burst, started feeling pretty woozy. Long ass movies and mega ounce beverages are not a good mixture.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the Hangover now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Can somebody explain to me what the big deal is with Moon?

I found is awfully slow and trite at times as well. I feel as if it is one of those movies which is just difficult watch.

Comment

• First off...ROCKWELL. Secondly, he was magnificent. Also, it was a beautiful homage to older sci fi films and there was something to be found in the simplicity of the film and its effects. In a cinematic world dominated by convoluted plot lines and CGI, it was nice to see a well put together sci fi film which used mostly set pieces rather then computer generated imagery and didnt rely on a plot with 17 different angles and twists. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

First off...ROCKWELL. Secondly, he was magnificent. Also, it was a beautiful homage to older sci fi films and there was something to be found in the simplicity of the film and its effects. In a cinematic world dominated by convoluted plot lines and CGI, it was nice to see a well put together sci fi film which used mostly set pieces rather then computer generated imagery and didnt rely on a plot with 17 different angles and twists. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
                          Sounds trite to me :)

Comment

First off...ROCKWELL. Secondly, he was magnificent. Also, it was a beautiful homage to older sci fi films and there was something to be found in the simplicity of the film and its effects. In a cinematic world dominated by convoluted plot lines and CGI, it was nice to see a well put together sci fi film which used mostly set pieces rather then computer generated imagery and didnt rely on a plot with 17 different angles and twists. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
                            One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                              Can somebody explain to me what the big deal is with Moon?

I found is awfully slow and trite at times as well. I feel as if it is one of those movies which is just difficult watch.
                              completely agree. i had such big expectations cause of aps and others here who praised the hell out of it.

Comment

That said, my favorite sci fi from the past decade is Minority Report. I absolutely love that flick. One of my all time top 10 sci fi films and definitely my top from the last 10 years (I dont think ESSM is a Sci Fi movie, more of a romantic dramedy with sci fi elements)
                                God, really? I thought that movie royally sucked ass. Then again, I came at it having read the novel, which the movie shits all over.

Can somebody explain to me what the big deal is with Moon?

Personally I loved Moon, although I completely understand why someone wouldn't like it. It was largely a character study instead of a sci-fi thriller. It had strong writing, a good soundtrack, good camera work and was sort of a throwback in terms of plot line. The pacing is crazy slow, but I found that endearing. The wrong way to make that movie would have been to jack up the pace then do the big reveal at the end of the movie. Instead, they make the big reveal completely obvious to the characters from the get-go and let the movie be about their slow reconciliation with it. Instead of making the movie overly dramatic, the characters just spend most of the movie being uncomfortable with each other.

It was slow, but I can't say it was trite.

As for Watchmen, I largely had the same problem I had with The Dark Knight (although I enjoyed the latter considerably more). I am such a tremendous fan of the source material, and while I felt Snyder hit all the important plot point pretty clearly, I think most of the feeling behind the storyline was lost. Some scenes were really well done, but others seemed crammed into place and a lot of the writing decisions were ones I didn't understand the purpose of.

That said, I'm really holding off until I see the complete version of the movie, the one with the Black Freighter storyline spliced in. The source material was massive, so it wasn't exactly easy to cut it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information