Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

Finally watched this one, i enjoyed it but i need to watch it again, because theres so much going on. The story and acting is not over the top, just like City of God, it's nice to see a gang/mafia flick that is not american.
    I've really wanted to see it. I just never got around to it. I remember there was a lot of hype around it when it came out. It looked intense.

Comment

• Okay, so Avatar in 3D is pretty ******* stunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        See, I disagree with that. At least in the context of this discussion. Nelson Mandela is one of the great stories of the 20th century, in real life, but not for a movie.
        Sorry, I should have clarified.

By greatest story, I meant greatest real life story.

However, the only reason it wouldn't be a good movie prolly is because most movies have terrible writing or somehow find a way to butcher actual stories. If it was made properly, a story about Mandela would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Okay, so Avatar in 3D is pretty ******* stunning.
          i would agree with you there

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

Finally watched this one, i enjoyed it but i need to watch it again, because theres so much going on. The story and acting is not over the top, just like City of God, it's nice to see a gang/mafia flick that is not american.
            Scarf, you have seen yet another movie that I want to see. Have you seen Sin Nombre?

Would you say Gomorra is on City of God's level??

Comment

• Thanks to astronomic word-of-mouth, inflated 3-D ticket prices, and consecutive holiday weekends that began on a Friday, Avatar continued its seemingly unstoppable climb to the Hallelujah Mountains of U.S. and global box office. According to estimates from Hollywood.com Box Office, James Cameron’s sci-fi opus grossed $68.3 million over New Years weekend, a tiny 10 percent drop from Christmas weekend for a $352.1 million domestic total — easily the biggest third weekend in the U.S. ever (2002’s Spider-Man had held the record with $45 million). Much more impressively, in just 17 days, Avatar has surpassed $1 billion in global box office. To put that in perspective, it took The Dark Knight pretty much its entire theatrical run just to make it to that milestone. (Another landmark: $66.4 million of Avatar’s worldwide total is from IMAX theaters, a record for the mega-screen format.)
              Holy ****. A billion already?

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...ion-worldwide/
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• God damn. I was so wrong about Avatar.. I thought it'd flop. It did the exact opposite of flop.. It's completely destroying the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  God damn. I was so wrong about Avatar.. I thought it'd flop. It did the exact opposite of flop.. It's completely destroying the world.
                  That's what you get for doubting Cameron you *****.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• avatar makes alot of money, but it fails at life.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I believe you do actually, as your name describes your place in the world.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        I believe you do actually, as your name describes your place in the world.
                        He's a ninja??

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Okay, so Avatar in 3D is pretty ******* stunning.
                          ...word...
                          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I watched the Brothers Bloom the other day...it was a little on the odd side but, I liked it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Scarf, you have seen yet another movie that I want to see. Have you seen Sin Nombre?

Would you say Gomorra is on City of God's level??
                              Hmm, I think I like City of God more, easier to feel for it's characters. And no i haven't seen Sin Nombre, but it's on my Netflix queue

Comment

• My last night home last night, my Ma and I watched Away We Go. John Krasinski going down on his wife was a bit akward, but it was an all around solid movie.

It gets a little slow, but I enjoyed the humor. The acting was done well all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information