Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I watched D9 again, this time with the family...amazing once again. haha.

I also bought seven movies off of Amazon for real cheap this weekend. Two of them came today, Adaptation and the Salton Sea. I havent seen the Salton Sea yet.
    I really like the Salton Sea. Kilmer is really ******* good in it. Haven't seen it since I was in grade 9 though so a long ******* time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
      I hope this is good. I'm a sucker for movies like this...I hope the whole thing doesnt take place in the lab, though.

I've slowly become a pretty big fan of Adrien Brody's. It took while but, i'm there now. haha. The Jacket is another sci-fi/thriller type that he's really good in.

It also helps that I watched the Brothers Bloom the other day, so he's fresh on the mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        I really like the Salton Sea. Kilmer is really ******* good in it. Haven't seen it since I was in grade 9 though so a long ******* time ago.
        Val Kilmer is a ******* pimp and one of the more underrated actors in Hollywood. Hes delivered quite a few badass performances in his time.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Speaking of Val, Spartan is one of the most underrated movies of the decade.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Speaking of Val, Spartan is one of the most underrated movies of the decade.
            Liked him better in Wonderland. Maybe my favorite Kilmer performance. I agree with APS, he is really ******* good.

Comment

• It's on HBO all the time (Spartan), but I never got around to watching it yet. It's on my "buy" list. :) The very underrated/under used...Derek Luke is in it also. Luke was supposed to be the next big thing but, he kind of fell off. Dont work with Tyler Perry, I suppose.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Don't steal my thunder about Kilmer APS.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Epic awesomeness. There is so much going on in this movie its insane. The amount of themes and subtext is actually mindblowing. Identity, both personal and sexual, existentialism, philosophy, the list goes on..
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

It's on HBO all the time (Spartan), but I never got around to watching it yet. It's on my "buy" list. :) The very underrated/under used...Derek Luke is in it also. Luke was supposed to be the next big thing but, he kind of fell off. Dont work with Tyler Perry, I suppose.
                    Completely agree with the Luke love. I always point him out when I see him in movies and try to push him as a great upcoming actor.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Completely agree with the Luke love. I always point him out when I see him in movies and try to push him as a great upcoming actor.
                      God made black beautiful. God made Boobie beautiful.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I love some John Malkovich, but I hate him in Burn After Reading...He's nothing but a loud, pissed off, way too aggressive dick head who can't handle a single situation without blowing a cork.

Yeah that was the part, but more annoying than entertaining to me either way.

Comment

I hope this is good. I'm a sucker for movies like this...I hope the whole thing doesnt take place in the lab, though.

I've slowly become a pretty big fan of Adrien Brody's. It took while but, i'm there now. haha. The Jacket is another sci-fi/thriller type that he's really good in.

It also helps that I watched the Brothers Bloom the other day, so he's fresh on the mind.
                          I'm a big fan of Brody. Brothers Bloom was a good film for him.
                          But what is he doing in a Predator movie?
                          And why is he the manlier of the main stars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn

Comment

• I'm going to kick your ass back to the shire

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Finally got around to watching State of Play, a movie I had very high hopes for, and came away pretty disappointed. The script is great and I love the final thirty minutes of the film, but what kept distracting me was Crowe. One of my favorite actors, who is usually, at least, very good in everything he does, is the main problem with the film. His hair and whole style he attempts to pull of just didn't work for me. I never once felt that Crowe would make for a reporter. I had no problems with him as a Gladiator or even a college professor with schizophrenia, but here? No. Jeff Daniels, like always, comes in for three or four scenes and just kills the living **** out of it. One of the most subtle actors out there. Basically, with Crowe, Affleck and Helen Mirran forced into these roles, which I think they just don't look good in, make this a typical Hollywood political thriller. State of Play is such a great script that should have been a much better movie with lesser known actors.
                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                                Originally posted by GoRavens
                                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information