Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    I thought Juno was a nice movie, nothing particularly amazing, but seriously you can do this to any movie that isn't based around some epic event. For example, I just saw 500 Day of Summer. Plot summary: boys meets girl, girl breaks up with boy, boy takes it badly, the end. And yet, it was a very good movie.
    Haven't seen 500 yet, so I can't comment. But if the overall story isn't original and overly interesting, at least make the storytelling and details as such. With Juno, I just really did not give a **** for 95% of the movie what was happening because to me, if I had missed all that, the story and effect would've been the exact same for me.

But maybe I do have no soul.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• How does everyone feel about Sam Mendes possibly directing the new james bond movie?

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• That would be......weird.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          How does everyone feel about Sam Mendes possibly directing the new james bond movie?
          I'd be all for it. Craig has enough acting chops to deliver what probably needs to be the most complex Bond character we've ever seen in the next movie and it wouldn't hurt to have a director who isn't being specifically chosen because of his ability to shoot action scenes or his aptitude with special effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            How does everyone feel about Sam Mendes possibly directing the new james bond movie?
            I think you would see a lot of character development, and I like the idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              That would be......weird.
              I can't get any further than this with my thoughts on the subject. I'd have to see it. I'm not a Bond guy, but the concept is just far too ...weird.

Comment

• I definitely believe he can pull it off. Like Brent and PMD said, the thought of a well developed(character wise, not like biologically) Bond would be refreshing for the series. Plus he's worked with Craig before in Road to Perdition, which looking back could be my favorite Mendes movie.

Comment

• I'm not too sure how I stumbled upon this, but it only proves JGL's awesomeness.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• I just got around to watching The Hurt Locker. Maybe I hyped myself up too much for it but I was expecting something better than what I saw.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                      I'm not too sure how I stumbled upon this, but it only proves JGL's awesomeness.

This is goddamn amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                        I'm not too sure how I stumbled upon this, but it only proves JGL's awesomeness.

JGL is the future of the world.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          I just got around to watching The Hurt Locker. Maybe I hyped myself up too much for it but I was expecting something better than what I saw.
                          Same here. I thought it was just ok.

Comment

• Speechless. I might be able to say something later, but right now, I gotta digest this.
                            Last edited by BigBanger; 01-06-2010, 06:23 AM.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                            Originally posted by GoRavens
                            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Maybe my favorite basketball movie ever.

Comment

• welcome to good burger home of the good burger can i take your order

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information