Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Splat View Post

Maybe my favorite basketball movie ever.

I'll make it.

Threesome with Ray Allen, Chasey Lain, and Jill Kelly???

You're the MAN NOW DOGGGG!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Holy ****. One of the funniest scenes in the history of movies. Laughed my ******* ass off. No joke. Like three minutes straight, just dying laughing. What a pleasant surprise. The Squid and the Whale and Me and You and Everyone we Know came out in the same year, a couple of little gems right there. What a cute little ******.

District 9, however, was a major disappointment, especially considering that the first ten minutes are phenomenal. Right after Wickus test fires the alien guns (really great scene), about half way through the movie, the movie makes an awful turn for the worse. Did they run out documentary **** to say? I ended up not caring about anyone or anything and just couldn't wait for the movie to end. Damn good start really got my hopes up. Pretty weird that I watch The Fly and see a transformation exactly the same in D9 the exact same day (a little unoriginal there... the finger nails, the teeth falling out? Exactly the same!). I also hated the look of the aliens. Too fake and computer looking.
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
      Originally posted by GoRavens
      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Don't Be a Menace, Suburban Commando, and Beverly Hills Ninja were all on this afternoon.

I need to be home on Wednesdays more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Don't Be a Menace, Suburban Commando, and Beverly Hills Ninja were all on this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post

Speechless. I might be able to say something later, but right now, I gotta digest this.
            Did you just see The Fly? I read awhile ago that Cronenberg might redo his own movie, i don't know how i feel about that.

Comment

• I just watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus...I thought it was fantastic, but I realized when I watched it that everyone i was seeing it with either didn't understand what they are watching or was confused and just didn't like because of that. but anyway Heath Ledger was was good in the movie when he was in, also when he transformed after going into the Imaginarium it was very crazy how much Deep, Law, & Ferrell looked like Ledger. The movie had my attention through out Terry Gilman was on his game in the fantasy world, the visual effects were awesome too. The best performance in the movie IMO was Tom Waits as Mr Nick (AKA The Devil) his voice was creepy and I think he was the right choice, also the red head girl is pretty hot (Lily Cole). Overall I really enjoyed the movie as far as fantasy movies go. If youcan check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                Did you just see The Fly? I read awhile ago that Cronenberg might redo his own movie, i don't know how i feel about that.
                Yes. I have passed up many opportunities to watch it, but finally, I decided to pick it up, along with D9... I must have been in a momentary sci-fi craving (Star Trek a week before that). Of the three, The Fly was the best. It was mesmerizing and extremely grotesque, and even though I think it has its flaws and draw backs, I think the character development and performance of Jeff Goldblum was much more entertaining than the great looking, but highly forgettable narrative of Star Trek or the innovativeness and overwhelmingly ambitious, yet typical summer action film (that, surprisingly, ended up lacking original story for an entire hour and half) of District 9. The last two are relatively forgettable, but The Fly has stuck with me since I saw it, even though I don't think I can compel myself to watch it again.

I thought the fly suit Goldblum ended up in (where he was mostly fly -- just six feet tall) looked down right awful. It was a big rubber suit. Where he began his morphing (the first stage right after the first teleportation), the makeup was actually quite impressive. I also had no idea Goldblum had that kind of acting chops. I wouldn't want to see Cronenberg remake an already good film. Too gross anyway.
                Last edited by BigBanger; 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  Don't Be a Menace

BREAK YO' SELF

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• New trailer for Inception. I can't wait. It's going to be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      welcome to good burger home of the good burger can i take your order
                      thisthisthisthisthis

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                        Anybody who mentions Hoop Dreams wins points with me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Anybody who mentions Hoop Dreams wins points with me.
                          It started my love for documentaries. If I were to do college over again it would be with the intent to make them for a living.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Just got a hold of An Education. I think I will end my night watching that. Really excited for the movie and Peter Sarsgaard.

Comment

• Finally watched Zombieland and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• Is it just me or does that Harrison Ford/ Brendon Fraser movie trailer look like a made-for-TV movie? It kinda freaks me out looks like something CBS would play on Sunday night to draw in those seniors.
                                Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                                the only hot actreeses are adult
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                                Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information