Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Funny People wasn't very good either.
    If you were expecting "slapstick" style comedy from Funny People as I was, you were probably pretty disappointed. But like Big Fan, it's a movie that hits home with a lot of people and has some pretty meaningful messages.

Funny People probably would have gotten a much better rating from critics if it wasn't something like 2 and a half hours long. An hour less and it could have been just as good...probably better.

Comment

Funny People wasn't very good either.
      I haven't seen it however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        A Serious Man was a great ******* movie.

I strongly suggest it to anyone who hasn't seen it
        Saw it today and it was everything this Jew says it was.

"Sussman goes home. Could Sussman eat? No. Could Sussman sleep? No."

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I can't wait to watch A Serious Man. So pumped, and I'm not really sure why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            LOTR movies were so overrated. I enjoyed the first one, and the other two were very meh. I'm surprised Smith didnt mention the fact that no matter how man orks came, they were never a match for Orlando bloom or a dwarf.
            Well then based on that logic, should it really make sense how the rebels are able to defeat the empire when the empire has an overwhelming advantage in manpower and materials? Additionally, how can Luke defeat Vader when Luke is supposed to be a much weaker Jedi? I'm just using Star Wars as an example because of Kevin Smith, but there are so many other movies where the improbable/implausible occur. Like in so many movies, you need to suspend your disbelief and just say, in the case of LOTR, "These guys are fantastic warriors and it is not the amount of soldiers but the quality even against overwhelming odds."

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
              Well then based on that logic, should it really make sense how the rebels are able to defeat the empire when the empire has an overwhelming advantage in manpower and materials? Additionally, how can Luke defeat Vader when Luke is supposed to be a much weaker Jedi? I'm just using Star Wars as an example because of Kevin Smith, but there are so many other movies where the improbable/implausible occur. Like in so many movies, you need to suspend your disbelief and just say, in the case of LOTR, "These guys are fantastic warriors and it is not the amount of soldiers but the quality even against overwhelming odds."
              Seriously man...Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTR. And it really is not close. While I obviously agree that Smith's claims are not only exaggerated but are mostly done for comic appeal, Ive always stated that the LOTR movies were overrated, and IMO are not even the best modern trilogy (Bourne ftw). To say they are better then Star Wars is blasphemy. No one trashes the Wars!
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• My favorite film is Empire and I'd still take Lord of the Rings over the Star Wars trilogy. Mainly because Return of the Jedi is a good but not great film while all of the Lord of the Rings are great films.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

My favorite film is Empire and I'd still take Lord of the Rings over the Star Wars trilogy. Mainly because Return of the Jedi is a good but not great film while all of the Lord of the Rings are great films.
                  BOOSH *****

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    LOTR > Clerks 2
                    Hell yes. Although no one did a better job of "bringing back" porch monkey than Clerks 2 did...

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      Seriously man...Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTR. And it really is not close. While I obviously agree that Smith's claims are not only exaggerated but are mostly done for comic appeal, Ive always stated that the LOTR movies were overrated, and IMO are not even the best modern trilogy (Bourne ftw). To say they are better then Star Wars is blasphemy. No one trashes the Wars!
                      As much as I love Star Wars and now really want to watch Empire, but there is no way I think they are good movies. The acting is pretty piss poor, the effects despite being revolutionary for their times, no longer hold up, the plot isn't really that original(most of it is derived from westerns, mythology, etc), and there is hardly any legit character development. I love those movies, but they are not nearly as good as LOTR. I'm not saying LOTR is not flawless, but so much better.

Comment

• Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

The name alone should be enough to convince you of its pure and utter awesomeness. It is Army of Darkness or Snakes on a Plane made with like 200 dollars. If you like Z movies, you will love this. It is simultaneously the greatest and the worst movie of all time.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                          As much as I love Star Wars and now really want to watch Empire, but there is no way I think they are good movies. The acting is pretty piss poor, the effects despite being revolutionary for their times, no longer hold up, the plot isn't really that original(most of it is derived from westerns, mythology, etc), and there is hardly any legit character development. I love those movies, but they are not nearly as good as LOTR. I'm not saying LOTR is not flawless, but so much better.
                          LOTR does not have Han Solo. I rest my case
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• If I was a teenager when Star Wars came out, I probably wouldn't even participate in the argument because it was monumental. But I didn't. About a year after reading the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring was released.

Better effects, better acting, better story, Rudy is the star, and Viggo rocked my world. LOTR wins out easily (in my book). Return of the King could have had 5 more endings and I wouldn't have minded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              If I was a teenager when Star Wars came out, I probably wouldn't even participate in the argument because it was monumental. But I didn't. About a year after reading the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring was released.

Better effects, better acting, better story, Rudy is the star, and Viggo rocked my world. LOTR wins out easily (in my book). Return of the King could have had 5 more endings and I wouldn't have minded.
                              I think the whole problem with movies like LOTR and Star Wars is when people first saw them. I just saw Star Wars (both trilogies) back in November, and it was good but nothing to write home about. Some were rather good (episode III and the original trilogy) and then there was Episode I that made me want to end my life. When it comes to Lord of the Rings, its something that I spent a lot of time watching with my family in my (rather late and recent) childhood and I think they are great. I just think that there is considerably more magic to a movie when you can recall fond memories of family and friends along with the actual movies. Of course a lot of the differences come down to actual differences in the movie but I still think when they were watched (might) make a big difference.

Comment

• so raging bull is a pretty good movie

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information