No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Changing Lanes. It's basically everything I detest in movies. Overtly pretentious, terrible acting, awful writing, completely uneventful, phenomenally dull and boring, religious overtones that serve no purpose, cliched, and unbearably full of coincidences.

I can't remember the last time I loathed a movie in this manner. I could not wait for the movie to end and then the ending -- predictable and ***. William Hurt is great, but he has nothing here and Pollack and Jenkins are two of my favorite character actors, but they have very few scenes while the incredibly annoying Sam Jackson and Ben Affleck either yell into the camera or show about as much emotion as Joan Rivers when she's a awful dress, or a great dress, it doesn't really matter.

It also looked like it was made in the early or mid 90s.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I have almost finished watching the queue of movies I have and am going to need some suggestions for some new movies to watch. Anybody?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        I have almost finished watching the queue of movies I have and am going to need some suggestions for some new movies to watch. Anybody?
        Well since its awards season, pretty much everything can be found on the internet. For example, and to avoid incriminating myself, this week The Road, The Lovely Bones, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Up in the Air, Its Complicated, and A Serious Man all found their way onto my computer in DVD quality.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Well since its awards season, pretty much everything can be found on the internet. For example, and to avoid incriminating myself, this week The Road, The Lovely Bones, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Up in the Air, Its Complicated, and A Serious Man all found their way onto my computer in DVD quality.
          The movies I have left to watch our as follows: Charlie Wilson's War, Inside Man, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind, District 9, Ghost Town, Adventureland, and The Downfall.

I'm currently watching Ghost Town and will probably knock out a few more today but that's it. So, needless to say, I need more to get my movie fix.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I watched the imaginarium of dr parnassus last night. I liked it but i usually like these types of movies. Heath was awesome and the main chick was rediculously good looking so that is reason enough to see it.
            save Freeman

Comment

The movies I have left to watch our as follows: Charlie Wilson's War, Inside Man, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind, District 9, Ghost Town, Adventureland, and The Downfall.

I'm currently watching Ghost Town and will probably knock out a few more today but that's it. So, needless to say, I need more to get my movie fix.
              I know you are a Gervais fan so check out The Invention of Lying. I have yet to see Ghost Town but from what I hear Lying is better. I thought it was a pretty damn fun movie, not amazing but still pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                I know you are a Gervais fan so check out The Invention of Lying. I have yet to see Ghost Town but from what I hear Lying is better. I thought it was a pretty damn fun movie, not amazing but still pretty good.
                I just got The Invention of Lying. Ghost Town wasn't that bad but it definitely could have been better.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I thought District 9 kicked major ass, I suggest you watch it next.

Comment

I just got The Invention of Lying. Ghost Town wasn't that bad but it definitely could have been better.
                    Coincidentally, I just saw the Invention of Lying. While I thought Ricky Gervais was funny, I didn't think the movie as a whole was all that good.

Also, another movie I just saw that I heard very good things about was Zombieland. I don't know if it was just me, but I really didn't love it. It wasn't like I would shut it off, but I just wasn't incredibly entertained. I though Woody and the new michael cera gave good performances, but it just wasn't that funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Just watched. Not really what I expected at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
                      Major disappointment for me. Popped it in late at night, decided I'd rather sleep and finish it in the morning half way through. That was a while ago; still haven't seen the second half of it.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• I agree about Invention of Lying...Gervais is solid, but the movie really isn't all that good. I guess there's an alright message and funny spots, but I still felt a little let down.

Comment

• Spiderman 4 officially scrapped...(good)

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/ur...eboot-planned/

Comment

• thank god, number 3 was a butchering of the comic I loved as a kid.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Topher Grace as Eddie Brock is still in my top 5 worst casting decisions of all time. God awful movie.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm happy to see some of these reboots, but I do wish they'd wait a little longer. I understood remaking The Hulk so soon to manifest the Avengers movie, but here it seems like they'd want to hold off a little longer.

I do think Spiderman could have been done better in general, but I if that link is correct and they're going back to the part of the story where Parker is in high school, they'll have to get creative to not reprise too much of what the 2001 movie did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information