Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Even minus Venom, that movie was doomed.

    Just all around god awful movie and I hate when people make excuses for Raimi and say that Venom was the whole reason that movie sucked.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      I do think Spiderman could have been done better in general, but I if that link is correct and they're going back to the part of the story where Parker is in high school, they'll have to get creative to not reprise too much of what the 2001 movie did.
      I may be in the minority on this, but as a HUGE Spider-Man fan, I felt that 1 & 2 were great. The 3rd was a ******* abomination.

      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

      Comment


      • The first 2 Spiderman movies were phenomenal. They were fantastic movies that were rather faithful to the source material and had groundbreaking effects and solid acting and story. It was the atrocious third one that skewed everyone's opinion of the franchise. To reboot the franchise at this point is just stupid. Its like Hollywood ran out of ideas, so they make a trilogy, and when they cant make a 4th one, they just remake the original 3 movies again. Its pointless and I despise the process.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Even minus Venom, that movie was doomed.

          Just all around god awful movie and I hate when people make excuses for Raimi and say that Venom was the whole reason that movie sucked.
          venom is a ******* awesome character, but that movie just plain sucked.

          I would kill for ******* movie with Carnage in it.

          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brent View Post
            venom is a ******* awesome character, but that movie just plain sucked.

            I would kill for ******* movie with Carnage in it.
            I wouldnt, not if its a PG-13 movie. How the hell is one of the more badass villains in comics supposed to be chopping people in half in a movie that shows no blood? A Spidey movie with Carnage would of had to be rated R.

            I felt that the 4th Spiderman movie, the one that just got cancelled, should of finally turned Curt Connors into The Lizard. They built on the concept for 3 movies, why not actually do it?
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • The first 2 Spidey movies have not aged well. The 2nd one is still a good film but the first one is just blah.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I may be in the minority on this, but as a HUGE Spider-Man fan, I felt that 1 & 2 were great. The 3rd was a ******* abomination.
                The first one was okay (Dafoe was one of the very best villian performances in modern hero movies), but I felt the second one was pretty stupid saving a few bright spots. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock was pretty good, but the writing and general story felt a bit flat for me. It's pretty hard for me to take a movie serious when it climaxes with a miniature sun being created in some pier building in New York City.

                Comment


                • I liked the 1 & 2 quite a bit. The 3rd one was just so bad on many levels. To many bad guys. Should have just used 1 bad guy. If they wanted to use Venom, then fine. But for the love of god, why Topher Grace!? In the comics Vemon was a hulked out version of black suit spider man, not some skinny geek.

                  Im not against a revamped version. They do need to give it some time. Reboots have worked well for Batman and the Hulk(Superman not so much.). We need a badass to be spider man this time around.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                    I liked the 1 & 2 quite a bit. The 3rd one was just so bad on many levels. To many bad guys. Should have just used 1 bad guy. If they wanted to use Venom, then fine. But for the love of god, why Topher Grace!? In the comics Vemon was a hulked out version of black suit spider man, not some skinny geek.

                    Im not against a revamped version. They do need to give it some time. Reboots have worked well for Batman and the Hulk(Superman not so much.). We need a badass to be spider man this time around.
                    That one hurts because Routh was great casting IMO.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • I didnt mind Superman Returns at all. Routh was pitch perfect as was Spacey. Far from a bad movie, just not a great one.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • so...not sure if this was mentioned, but a Serious Man got "leaked". I am very excited to rewatch it....and for those who havent seen it yet....get on that ****

                        Comment


                        • I know its a little late, but I was thinking the other day about my favorite movie characters of the decade...here is what my list turned out as:


                          10. Rob Gordon (High Fidelity)
                          9. The Joker (The Dark Knight)
                          8. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
                          7. Royal Tenenbaum (The Royal Tenenbaums)
                          6. Bob Harris (Lost in Translation)
                          5. Leonard Shelby (Memento)
                          4. Tony Stark (Iron Man)
                          3. Jason Bourne (The Bourne Trilogy)
                          2. Nick Naylor (Thank You For Smoking)
                          1. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

                          Just some personal favorites. Probably forgot a few as well.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • 1. Will Hunting (Matt Damon)
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                            Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                            Comment


                            • That was 1997.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                That was 1997.
                                it is the exception to every rule.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information