Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I know its a little late, but I was thinking the other day about my favorite movie characters of the decade...here is what my list turned out as:

10. Rob Gordon (High Fidelity)
    9. The Joker (The Dark Knight)
    8. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
    7. Royal Tenenbaum (The Royal Tenenbaums)
    6. Bob Harris (Lost in Translation)
    5. Leonard Shelby (Memento)
    4. Tony Stark (Iron Man)
    3. Jason Bourne (The Bourne Trilogy)
    2. Nick Naylor (Thank You For Smoking)
    1. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Just some personal favorites. Probably forgot a few as well.
    I myself would throw Liam Nesson in there somewhere for the movie Taken. I just love that movie.

Comment

• OMG....Tell me its not true....

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...m-trailer.html

Comment

I know its a little late, but I was thinking the other day about my favorite movie characters of the decade...here is what my list turned out as:

10. Rob Gordon (High Fidelity)
        9. The Joker (The Dark Knight)
        8. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
        7. Royal Tenenbaum (The Royal Tenenbaums)
        6. Bob Harris (Lost in Translation)
        5. Leonard Shelby (Memento)
        4. Tony Stark (Iron Man)
        3. Jason Bourne (The Bourne Trilogy)
        2. Nick Naylor (Thank You For Smoking)
        1. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Just some personal favorites. Probably forgot a few as well.

You only left out three of the most bad ass villains of the whole freakin decade!

Comment

• I just saw Avatar and, surprisingly, I really liked it. The action scenes were insane (especially the last 30 minutes of the film) and the filmmaking is truly remarkable. The story isn't very original, but I didn't really care. I watched the previews and trailers and thought it looked awful, then my friend was dying to see it and he couldn't see it alone, so I said, "What the ****. Why not?" Half way through the movie I'm just completely immersed into the movie and its stunning visuals. I didn't watch it in 3D and I never will, but this is one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. Cameron throws in his usual corny ass dialogue that got close to ten head shakes or rolling eyes.

Still, it's easily one of the better movies of the year and I think it could be Cameron's best film. Loved Stephen Lang's caricature and performance.

Also watched The Cooler. Great movie, great acting that just gets better and better as the film evolves. Very entertaining movie. William H. Macy gives the best performance of his career and Baldwin might have done the same.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
          Originally posted by GoRavens
          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
            I just saw Avatar and, surprisingly, I really liked it. The action scenes were insane (especially the last 30 minutes of the film) and the filmmaking is truly remarkable. The story isn't very original, but I didn't really care. I watched the previews and trailers and thought it looked awful, then my friend was dying to see it and he couldn't see it alone, so I said, "What the ****. Why not?" Half way through the movie I'm just completely immersed into the movie and its stunning visuals. I didn't watch it in 3D and I never will, but this is one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. Cameron throws in his usual corny ass dialogue that got close to ten head shakes or rolling eyes.

Still, it's easily one of the better movies of the year and I think it could be Cameron's best film. Loved Stephen Lang's caricature and performance.

Also watched The Cooler. Great movie, great acting that just gets better and better as the film evolves. Very entertaining movie. William H. Macy gives the best performance of his career and Baldwin might have done the same.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
              Its the usual reaction he receives.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                You must not be much of an MMA/UFC fan because that movie has been known about for awhile.

Comment

• On the topic os the spiderman movies. I waited years for a movie to see Spidey and Venom face off, and they went and ****** it all up. I wanted carnage as well but Venom was what I was waiting for. Maybe Raimi hates that story line so much because he didnt get it, I mean Peter with the symboite was supposed to be more aggressive and he turned him into an emo dancing ****.

If any superhero movie deserves a remake in my mind its the X-men comics. Their was so much potential and great story lines to explore and again, the third one sunk any hopes of that. I'm glad Nolan seems to be taking his time with the Batman one, if he does it at all.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Again though, the first 2 Xmen movies were great when Singer was in charge, and apparently hes returning for the 4th, which is great news for comic fans. There is absolutely no reason to reboot the Xmen franchise, and the Wolverine: Origins movie damn near killed me with the way they murdered the backstories of so many important characters. The less Fox has to do with Marvel characters, the better.

If ANY comic movie made so far deserves a reboot, its Daredevil. And it needs to be R-Rated and as much as I love Ben Affleck, it needs to be someone totally badass playing Daredevil...I actually think Michael C Hall would make a FANTASTIC Daredevil, for anyone who has read the comics.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Watching 500 days of summer for the 2nd time tonight.

I don't know, the movie might make my top 20.......ever. I absolutely love it.

Comment

Again though, the first 2 Xmen movies were great when Singer was in charge, and apparently hes returning for the 4th, which is great news for comic fans. There is absolutely no reason to reboot the Xmen franchise, and the Wolverine: Origins movie damn near killed me with the way they murdered the backstories of so many important characters. The less Fox has to do with Marvel characters, the better.

If ANY comic movie made so far deserves a reboot, its Daredevil. And it needs to be R-Rated and as much as I love Ben Affleck, it needs to be someone totally badass playing Daredevil...I actually think Michael C Hall would make a FANTASTIC Daredevil, for anyone who has read the comics.
                        The fourht X-men is first class, and it like a prequel, if he even chooses to revolve it around the characters anyway. And I think it is more deserving of a reboot than anything else. They missed doing an apocalypse story, a better Phoenix story, they didnt use any sentinels ( I'm not counting that stuff in the third one), I mean I could keep going with how many quality stories they missed out on, as well as the use of other characters.... you know, the ones not named Wolverine....stupid Singer.

I'd agree Daredevil needs a reboot, I dont think it needs to be R, I dont recall his stories ever being super violent ( I loved comics when I was younger). I'd rather see a reboot of X-men than Daredevil tho.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          The fourht X-men is first class, and it like a prequel, if he even chooses to revolve it around the characters anyway. And I think it is more deserving of a reboot than anything else. They missed doing an apocalypse story, a better Phoenix story, they didnt use any sentinels ( I'm not counting that stuff in the third one), I mean I could keep going with how many quality stories they missed out on, as well as the use of other characters.... you know, the ones not named Wolverine....stupid Singer.

I'd agree Daredevil needs a reboot, I dont think it needs to be R, I dont recall his stories ever being super violent ( I loved comics when I was younger). I'd rather see a reboot of X-men than Daredevil tho.
                          I understand that its first class, which is almost like a reboot in itself, but they have absolutely no reason to reboot the franchise at this point. Singer did focus on Wolverine in the latter movies, but the first one centered around Rogue, who I think is one of the more interesting mutants in the Marvel universe. Yes, there were storylines from the comic that would of been better and yes that hack Ratner royally ****** up the Pheonix storyline, but just because the movies didnt turn out absolutely perfect doesnt mean they deserve to be rebooted.

As far as Daredevil is concerned, it does need to be R. Daredevil was a total badass known for beating the **** out of and subsequently killing criminals. He was never tie em up and leave em for the cops kind of guy

Comment

• I just watched this...

Meh. Too ambitious for its own good at times and kind of emo. It never really came together, and it seemed like everyone was reading right off the script. Felt kind of unfinished and lacking of any real emotion. bleh.

Anyway, I'm going to go buy Moon now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thanks for the reminder.

Must have Moon.

I wish I had it to watch after my game today, what with no work tomorrow. Probably just do Lost In Translation, which I haven't watched since purchasing. mmmm gonna be a good night.

Comment

The first 2 Spiderman movies were phenomenal. They were fantastic movies that were rather faithful to the source material and had groundbreaking effects and solid acting and story. It was the atrocious third one that skewed everyone's opinion of the franchise.
                                I own the first two and and still love them, in my mind the 3rd one was never made. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information