Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I really like the Salton Sea. Kilmer is really ******* good in it. Haven't seen it since I was in grade 9 though so a long ******* time ago.
    I just watched it as well. Kilmer is amazing, but Vincent D'Onofrio? Holy *****!! That is a great Gerry Oldman type performance, so over-the-top, yet so original and so out there that's it's just jaw-dropping to watch.

    This has instantly become one of the my favorite movies.

    The first scene of the movie, the actual 3 or 4 day, up all day and night partying scene, I was thinking, "Hasn't there been enough movies made about people that just do drugs all day? Trainspotting? Requiem for a Dream? Isn't that enough? Why must there be another?"

    Then the movie just goes in a completely different direction and becomes a great character study of Danny Parker / Tom Van Allen. This has passed Wonderland, The Doors, Heat and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang as my favorite Kilmer performance.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
      I just watched it as well. Kilmer is amazing, but Vincent D'Onofrio? Holy *****!! That is a great Gerry Oldman type performance, so over-the-top, yet so original and so out there that's it's just jaw-dropping to watch.

      This has instantly become one of the my favorite movies.

      The first scene of the movie, the actual 3 or 4 day, up all day and night partying scene, I was thinking, "Hasn't there been enough movies made about people that just do drugs all day? Trainspotting? Requiem for a Dream? Isn't that enough? Why must there be another?"

      Then the movie just goes in a completely different direction and becomes a great character study of Danny Parker / Tom Van Allen. This has passed Wonderland, The Doors, Heat and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang as my favorite Kilmer performance.
      Are you suggesting that Trainspotting and Requiem For a Dream arent good movies?
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • I don't really see how it suggests that.

        I'm fudgin bored. Don't want to start a whole movie, though. Hopefully someone wants to see A Serious Man tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise I'll probably re-watch Fantastic Mr. Fox. Which will still be awesome.

        Comment


        • Moon was everything I thought it would be. Loved it. Near the middle when Sam's buddy first arrives, it goes downhill for just a bit, before quickly regaining itself. It was fantastic. I dont know if I like Moon or D9 more yet. I've seen D9 twice so, I'll have to watch Moon again soon.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Looks like Ivan Reitman will direct Ghostbusters 3. Awesome.

            Comment


            • I rented Paranormal Activity yesterday and watched it last night because I had people tell me it was so scary. It wasn't. The only part that made me jump is when the dude got thrown into the camera.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                I just watched it as well. Kilmer is amazing, but Vincent D'Onofrio? Holy *****!! That is a great Gerry Oldman type performance, so over-the-top, yet so original and so out there that's it's just jaw-dropping to watch.

                This has instantly become one of the my favorite movies.

                The first scene of the movie, the actual 3 or 4 day, up all day and night partying scene, I was thinking, "Hasn't there been enough movies made about people that just do drugs all day? Trainspotting? Requiem for a Dream? Isn't that enough? Why must there be another?"
                No it's not because some people enjoy those movies/lifestyle. Those are awesome movies.

                Sig by Hitman D.

                Comment


                • What did you guys think about Terminator Salvation?

                  Comment


                  • I didnt like it. Okay at best, imo. I dont want to re-watch it anytime soon, either. It was boring and lacking of emotion. McG didnt even do a horrible job shooting it, imo. But the story and acting are pretty sub par. As much as I love Bale, the guy has his flaws and just doesnt work in every single role. I didnt like him as Connor at all.

                    T3 and T4 were trash. At least the trailer was good. :/

                    Oh and as for the topless Moon Bloodgood shot that McG battled for...what a completely pointless scene. I think he just wanted to see her boobs.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-13-2010, 02:13 PM.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Yeah I had high hopes for it because of Bale, but its pretty meh so far. My parents got it for my on blu-ray for Christmas, atleast it looks pretty.

                      Comment


                      • Lovely Bones was boring.

                        Granted I could of told you that before I watched it...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          Lovely Bones was boring.

                          Granted I could of told you that before I watched it...
                          did any one read the book & see the movie? I read it years ago and was going to watch it...

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            Looks like Ivan Reitman will direct Ghostbusters 3. Awesome.
                            Look at his films since the original and tell me how that inspires confidence.


                            RIP TheManInBlack

                            Comment


                            • Is the Lovely Bones as black and white as the trailer makes it out to be? I never read it either, obviously. Did Stanley Tucci kill the lass?

                              Spoiler tags or white out....

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Are you suggesting that Trainspotting and Requiem For a Dream arent good movies?
                                Absolutely not. Quite the opposite in fact. Begbie is quite possibly my favorite character in film history. Requiem is one of the most colostraphobic and incredibly stylistic directing achievements I may have ever seen (also supported by one of the greatest female performances I've ever seen). They tackle a subject (crack addicts) and their addiction so perfectly that making another movie seems pointless. For the first five minutes, I thought The Salton Sea was going to be another one of those movies.

                                It would be like making another Jake La Matta movie. Raging Bull has already been made, why make another one? Ya see what I'm sayin'?
                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                                Originally posted by GoRavens
                                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information