No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book of Eli has a 13% on RottenTomatoes. I was exctied for some Denzel, but now it seems like this movie is really trying to preach religion and a certain message...I'm fine with that, but most reviews also say there is little action.

I'm usually in the minority when it comes to movies I see anyways so it might not matter what critics think, but it's kind of a letdown to see a lot of critics hitting their "dislike" button.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Is the Lovely Bones as black and white as the trailer makes it out to be? I never read it either, obviously. Did Stanley Tucci kill the lass?

Spoiler tags or white out....
      I read the book in my senior year of high school and to answer your question,

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
        Absolutely not. Quite the opposite in fact. Begbie is quite possibly my favorite character in film history. Requiem is one of the most colostraphobic and incredibly stylistic directing achievements I may have ever seen (also supported by one of the greatest female performances I've ever seen). They tackle a subject (crack addicts) and their addiction so perfectly that making another movie seems pointless. For the first five minutes, I thought The Salton Sea was going to be another one of those movies.
        Colostraphobia: fear of being trapped in a really large enclosed space?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
          The Book of Eli has a 13% on RottenTomatoes. I was exctied for some Denzel, but now it seems like this movie is really trying to preach religion and a certain message...I'm fine with that, but most reviews also say there is little action.

I'm usually in the minority when it comes to movies I see anyways so it might not matter what critics think, but it's kind of a letdown to see a lot of critics hitting their "dislike" button.
          Rotten Tomatoes has never influenced my thoughts on seeing a movie. It's not happening this time either. BoE looks straight awesome, even if there is little action.

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
            The Book of Eli has a 13% on RottenTomatoes. I was exctied for some Denzel, but now it seems like this movie is really trying to preach religion and a certain message...I'm fine with that, but most reviews also say there is little action.

The first time I saw a trailer for it, I honestly thought it was a Fallout 3 movie.

I think it will be entertaining, but not really a good movie.

As for rottentomatoes, for the most part it works. If a movie gets under 50%, it almost always is pretty horrible. That said, it's still way, waaaay too early for Book of Eli to have rottentomatoes to judge it properly.

Comment

• Rottentomatoes is great...I agree with the final verdicts most of the time. Much better than IMDB where anyone could vote.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I agree with Armond White every time, **** Rotten Tomatoes.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I agree with Armond White every time, **** Rotten Tomatoes.
                  Oh god no.

Comment

• Saw Invictus last night. I don't know, IMO it was just ok. nothing special, I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      I don't really see how it suggests that.

I'm fudgin bored. Don't want to start a whole movie, though. Hopefully someone wants to see A Serious Man tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise I'll probably re-watch Fantastic Mr. Fox. Which will still be awesome.
                      Is Fantastic Mr. Fox a movie more for Adults or Children?

Comment

• As a recommendation for anyone looking to watch a movie tonight, check out Mary and Max. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the lead voice, he plays a 45 year old man who becomes a pen pal with an 8 year old girl. No more needs to be said.

Watch it.

Comment

• just watched The Road. it was as bleak and sad as I hoped it would be.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• so Eternal Sunshine is a really good movie.

(yes I'll be using this thread to talk about how awesome movies are that everyone here has already seen)

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I'm going to be watching The Goods soon. I'm really skeptical about how good this is going to be.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                just watched The Road. it was as bleak and sad as I hoped it would be.
                                If only they would have included the dead baby's head stuck on a spike as in the novel...But yes, the movie definitely did the book justice with it's "bleakness".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information