Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    I'm going to be watching The Goods soon. I'm really skeptical about how good this is going to be.
    Uhhh, the occassional laugh but it kind of falls apart. If I were more of a Jeremy Piven fan I might have liked it more, but it's nothing special. He has his moments though. Hopefully that doesn't ruin anything for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I'm going to be watching The Goods soon. I'm really skeptical about how good this is going to be.
      As you should be. Piven is funny, but don't get your hopes up.

Comment

• The Boat That Rocked/Pirate Radio was a really good watch. The big names in it are always a treat. The music and humor make it easily enjoyable. The beginning and ending captions were for no reason annoying, and there were probably too many shots of people on the toilet. But those hardly detract from the movie. I liked it a lot. Very fun.
        Del Preston playing another crazed 60's rocker was awesome, too.

Comment

• I felt that that The Boat that Rocked was way worse than it needed to be. Granted, some of the scenes on the boat were good, but it seemed to have so many interesting characters and appropriate actors and then made the antagonists so ******* stupid and cheesy that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The music was great, all the DJ characters were great, but I felt the writing (or at least the storyboarding) was really weak for the most part.

Comment

• it's a very cheesy movie, I didnt enjoy it that much

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              I felt that that The Boat that Rocked was way worse than it needed to be. Granted, some of the scenes on the boat were good, but it seemed to have so many interesting characters and appropriate actors and then made the antagonists so ******* stupid and cheesy that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The music was great, all the DJ characters were great, but I felt the writing (or at least the storyboarding) was really weak for the most part.
              I can't disagree with any of this, there's some painful spots. The Christmas dinner scene was especially bad.
              But I also can't not enjoy what I'm enjoying. I found it to be very fun, and obviously that stems from the boat and not the government side. On the whole, I'll take this over a lot of other movies I've seen in recent times.

Comment

• I liked The Boat That Rocked. Top notch cast, excellent work by one of the more underrated actors out there, Bill Nighy, and the rest of the cast. If you take it for what it is, its a very fun watch.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Also, I need a movie to watch for tonight. Suggestions?
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Also, I need a movie to watch for tonight. Suggestions?
                    Dirty Work

Comment

• You like Val Kilmer so watch Spartan. I'm tired of being the only one who likes it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Watch Big Fan. I'm about to.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

I recommended it at the top of this page, but Mary and Max! Philip Seymour Hoffman is the star and it's a great story. Easy to find online too.

Comment

• What's this I hear about a Jackass 3D movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                              What's this I hear about a Jackass 3D movie?
                              It's the day the world ends.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Predictions for the Golden Globes

Best Motion Picture-"Avatar"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)-Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart."

Best Motion Picture of a Comedy or Musical-The Hangover

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical)-Meryl Streep, "Julie and Julia"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical)-Robert Downey Jr. "Sherlock Holmes"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information