Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
    I didnt care much for either of them.
    agreed. avatar was still better imo though. i really didnt enjoy district 9 at all. avatar was decent, but i wasnt a fan of either of them really. i preferred star trek.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• IMO you can't really compare Star Trek to the others because Star Trek was intended to set up a series and introduce characters, not have an incredibly interesting story that has a huge climax and resolution.

As for the guy saying D9 is the modern Blade Runner, that's just an incredibly horrible comparison. Blade Runner was popular and made famous because of it's incredible, often thought of as revolutionary effects and the way it was essentially a frontrunner in discussing a topic that at the time many didn't envision possible anytime soon (human-like machines).

D9 does not have anywhere near great effects, and what is really new about the story? Aliens being stuck on earth? And let's face it, the way the movie handles that is not realistic at all. So, aliens come and land over South Africa, then the rest of the world is like, "Yea, we don't want any part of it, you guys just deal with it." Really? There's no way that the rest of the world governments just leave the aliens in a little isolated part of South Africa. That's just the beginning of unrealistic things for me.

Comment

• One of the reasons I love D9 was for its lack of effects. Gritty, dirty and that brownish tint that I love in movies. It wasn't meant to be flashy like Star Trek and Avatar, so why does effects matter?

Comment

• D9 actually has some fantastic visual effects and the camera work is top notch. All on a modest budget. It's been said many a time...but from a technical stand point, it's damn near brilliant.

Anyway...I just saw the trailer for MacGruber. Nooooooooo. Love the skit, movie looks awful. To no one's surprise.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
            One of the reasons I love D9 was for its lack of effects. Gritty, dirty and that brownish tint that I love in movies. It wasn't meant to be flashy like Star Trek and Avatar, so why does effects matter?
            Because the guy compared it to a modern Blade Runner. Most of why Blade Runner is considered great is because of it's superior special effects and use of technology at the time. If you are going to compare a movie to it, or say it's a modern version of it, the movie should at least be top of the line in special effects and technology.

Honestly, if you were really forced to pick a "modern Blade Runner" from this past year the obvious choice would be Avatar, not D9.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
              Star Trek > District 9 > Avatar for me. I haven't watched Moon yet.

Star Trek > Avatar > Moon >>> District 9

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I guess we know what is winning Best Costume at the Commie awards now.
                How dare you assume!

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland, and The Book of Eli look amazing
                  GO RAVENS

Comment

• All four sci-fi movies being ranked were really good. I heartily enjoyed all of them. That said...

1. Moon - best writing, acting, soundtrack, storyboarding, and concept of the four by far.
                    2. Star Trek - best pacing, great cast, strong writing.
                    3. Avatar - looked better than any movie ever. Yeah.
                    4. District 9 - Probably the best camerawork, had the best action scenes (although not by a huge stretch), but I felt the overall presentation was lacking at certain times.

Comment

• I was like 14 for 15 in the commies last year. But commie doesn't talk in the 2nd tier IRC anymore so I don't know :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        I was like 14 for 15 in the commies last year. But commie doesn't talk in the 2nd tier IRC anymore so I don't know :(
                        You arent even there right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          All four sci-fi movies being ranked were really good. I heartily enjoyed all of them. That said...

1. Moon - best writing, acting, soundtrack, storyboarding, and concept of the four by far.
                          2. Star Trek - best pacing, great cast, strong writing.
                          3. Avatar - looked better than any movie ever. Yeah.
                          4. District 9 - Probably the best camerawork, had the best action scenes (although not by a huge stretch), but I felt the overall presentation was lacking at certain times.
                          This is how I ranked them, for pretty much the same reason. Moon is just so damn good.

Also, why arent people excited for the Canuck Awards! WE ARE THE GOLDEN GLOBES!!!
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Because everyone hates you, more or less. :D

Comment

• Meh. I have to go click that icon and go through all that **** about connecting. I don't have time for it. I'll still dominate in predicting the results, regardless.

Comment

• I was never a fan of Blade Runner. In my eyes its probably the most overrated sci-fi film ever. Maybe its just because I don't really give a crap about special effects, but the actual story, plot, & characters did little for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information