Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
    Because everyone hates you, more or less. :D
    WELL MAYBE I JUST WONT DO THEM THEN! AND YOU WILL HAVE NO GLOBES!

Take that, bastard!
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
      I was never a fan of Blade Runner. In my eyes its probably the most overrated sci-fi film ever. Maybe its just because I don't really give a crap about special effects, but the actual story, plot, & characters did little for me.
      Yes, it's really not popular for it's acting and writing, but because of the effects and technology used at the time. If you watch it now, compared to current movies, it's really nothing special. However, when it was made, it was considered way ahead of it's time and so far beyond any other movie in terms of effects.

I am of the impression that all good movies can beat the test of time, that the truly great ones will still be good today as they were when they were created, as opposed to being good at the time but now aren't that good. However, with any movie renown and lauded for it's special effects of the time is more than likely not going to withstand the test of time because it is assumed that technology will gradually advance to where improvements in effects are imminent.

While it's rather difficult, you have to view Blade Runner with the time period in mind in order to fully appreciate how spectacular it was.

Comment

• I just got done watching a movie called Sunshine Cleaning it was different and kinda morbid but I liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          I was never a fan of Blade Runner. In my eyes its probably the most overrated sci-fi film ever. Maybe its just because I don't really give a crap about special effects, but the actual story, plot, & characters did little for me.
          I feel the same way. My friend loves that movie and he kept asking me to watch it. I started watching expecting it to be this great movie, I could barely watch it all.

Comment

• I saw Blade Runner for the first time last week. I loved it.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Same here, I saw Blade Runner a year ago and was amazed. What is wrong with you people?

Comment

• I loath Blade Runner. It has the most simplistic and repetitive narrative you can possibly write (Harrison Ford fights and kills one robot, then fights and kills another robot, then fights and kills the really hard to kill robot). Along the way it tries to be all smart and full of itself (since they didn't spend any time on it by trying to create an interesting plot) by being overly pretentious. Is Ford a robot? Is he human? Omg!! We'll never know!!! We're all gonna die someday? Even if we're robots? Holy ****, my brain can't take it!!

I honestly couldn't give a ****.

The special effects are outdated, which basically means the movie is now what it is... a boring story with bad acting. "We're robots, we show no emotion. We sit here with our eyes wide open and blank stares." If you like Harrison Ford, I don't know why you would, but if you do, you might like the movie a little more. Since he's one of the most emotionally restricted actors out there, I hate him.

It's a piece of ****. I hate it so much since it took about 4 tries for me to finally complete one viewing of it (I kept falling asleep). I kept coming back because I heard how great it was. There is nothing worse than watching an awful movie and forcing yourself to sit through it because of its unwarranted "classic" status.
                Last edited by BigBanger; 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Yeah, **** Philip K. Dick's story! It's not like he's the greatest science fiction writer of the 20th century or anything...

Blade Runner is a goddamned fantastic movie. Unless you watch the version with the voiceover narration. Then it's just stupid.

Comment

• I am stunned that you hate it BB, stunned.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      I just got done watching a movie called Sunshine Cleaning it was different and kinda morbid but I liked it.
                      Haha, I rented that movie to watch with my Mom a night I had off over winter break. Morbid is probably the best word to describe Sunshine Cleaning...I saw the front thinking pleasant comedy and read good reviews, so why not.

Definitely not a heart-warming movie, but a pretty solid story overall in the end. Intense relationships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Yeah, **** Philip K. Dick's story! It's not like he's the greatest science fiction writer of the 20th century or anything...

Blade Runner is a goddamned fantastic movie. Unless you watch the version with the voiceover narration. Then it's just stupid.

Not to mention it has pioneered the 'dystopian' future of Earth; just as Aliens gave us twenty years of Space Marine knockoffs. It has to be respected, if only for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                          wow, that's just wrong.
                          How is that wrong? Because I enjoyed a movie that had a better narrative and all around meaning then a movie that rehashed a TON of other movies with cliche dialogue and amazing effects? Avatar is being hyped wayyyyyy to much. I wouldnt even sit through it for a second viewing. None of the creatures were creative or inventive, the only reason their getting praise is from the 3-D style and amazing CGI, which yes are both impressive, but doesnt make it an amazing movie.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• So with Marc Webb set to direct the new Spider-Man reboot...does anyone see him going w/ JGL as Peter Parker?

I dont know exactly what direction he wants to go in and I dont know anything about the comic itself. Would JGL make a good Peter Parker?

Who else would you like to see play the role? I know a lot of people hated Tobey for w/e reason to begin with.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• HA, "Webb". But yeah rumor has it that he wants JGL for the part. I like Webb and what he did with 500 Days, and JGL is awesome, but I couldn't give two shits about any Spiderman movie to be honest.

Comment

• I dont care about Spider-Man either, I've never been a fan. And never thought the movies were as great as everyone said they were.

I was just curious because, I dont even know much about Peter Parker other than how he was portrayed by Raimi and Maguire.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information