Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.

Inglorious is Tarantino's worst movie? It's easily one of his best. APS and I usually disagree a lot on movies, but as far as this goes I just can't believe what I'm reading. IB had me compelled for the best part of 2.5 hours.

The lack of action should not be used as a point to prove that the movie was crappy either. The great dialogue and cameo performances were more than enough to satisfy most movie goers.

Comment

• I'm almost too stunned to write anything. IB was amazing and there was really nothing I disliked about it. Action is all well and good, but it has its place. I would much rather watch something that has some characters and dialogue and plot and overall development. Tarantino is the man.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
        Pitt's character annoyed me i could not stand his voice. The movie had no action it was just a lot of people talking. Going to the local nursing home and asking to listen to their stories would be more compelling The only scene i enjoyed is where the guy gets beat to death with a baseball bat. It felt like a book with most of the movie being in a foreign language having to read the subtitles.
        Maybe you should just stick to Michael Bay films buddy. EXPLOSIONS! GUN SHOTS! BAD ASSERY!

Comment

• There is too much dialogue in Inglorious Basterds? Have you ever seen a Tarantino movie before? He is known for his dialogue. That is what he does best.

Comment

• It's quite apparent that Bob Sanders Dreadlock was under the impression that Basterds was supposed to be a WW2 action flick. How he got that idea, I have absolutely no idea.

That said, yea, only about 25% of the movie has subtitles, if that. I'm going to guess that he watched the beginning, where it's all subtitles, and decided the movie sucked, before realizing after 10 mins they say, "Hey, you speak english, let's speak that from now on."

As with what others have said, either you've never seen a Tarantino movie or you apparently think Quentin Tarantino is spellled "Michael Bay." Basterds is quintessential Tarantino, with fantastic dialogue, heavy satire, and makes you actually pay attention and think, rather than just blowing **** up to appease the 1 second attention span all kids have.

I wasn't sure if you were serious with the first post, and was quite baffled, but I truly am left awestruck and amazed with each subsequent post.

Comment

• "Au revoir shoshanna!"

and bobsandersdreadlock be like "he didn't kill the *****? **** this **** man"

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                "Au revoir shoshanna!"

and bobsandersdreadlock be like "he didn't kill the *****? **** this **** man"
                More like, "WTF Why didn't they bomb the house...this movie sucks why isn't there more explosions its supposed to be about war"

Comment

• I dont like Tarantino films in general, I just do not find his style of films interesting, I haven't watched IB because I have little inclination to do so, but you have to know Tarantino will do what he always does, and have a **** load of dialogue...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                    I dont like Tarantino films in general, I just do not find his style of films interesting, I haven't watched IB because I have little inclination to do so, but you have to know Tarantino will do what he always does, and have a **** load of dialogue...
                    Precisely. If you don't enjoy Tarantino, then you can absolutely think Basterds sucked. However, if you go into a Tarantino movie expecting action sequences and tons of blood/violence instead of dialogue developing a plot, well then you are just dumb.

Comment

• It was far more than 25 percent subtitles. I don't give a **** about them, but I felt the need to mention that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        It was far more than 25 percent subtitles. I don't give a **** about them, but I felt the need to mention that.
                        You may be right, I just don't give a **** either/don't really realize it enough to care, so it barely registered.

I mean, do subtitles really piss people off that much that they ruin a movie? God forbid there's a language other than english in the world. I bet every civilization in the history of the world really spoke english, so there's no need to make a movie in any other language, especially if you want to make it historically accurate.

Comment

• Great dialogue will beat great action any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            You may be right, I just don't give a **** either/don't really realize it enough to care, so it barely registered.

I mean, do subtitles really piss people off that much that they ruin a movie? God forbid there's a language other than english in the world. I bet every civilization in the history of the world really spoke english, so there's no need to make a movie in any other language, especially if you want to make it historically accurate.
                            Because that is exactly what QT was trying to accomplish with Basterds. Heavy action wasn't needed as it rarely is in any Tarantino movie.

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                              Because that is exactly what QT was trying to accomplish with Basterds. Heavy action wasn't needed as it rarely is in any Tarantino movie.
                              Exactly. Like I said, who goes into a Tarantino flick expecting action instead of great dialogue?

Also, not that Basterds was historically accurate, I was making a general comment about language in movies based on historical events. While I only understand English and some Spanish, it tends to irritate me when you watch a movie that proclaims itself as a historic film, intended to accurately portray events, and everyone speaks English.

Comment

• Some of the best movies Ive ever seen have been completely/heavily subtitled. Let the Right One In, City of God, Pans Labyrinth, The Host...the list goes on. Subtitles=very minor aspect of a film being good.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information