Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    He didn't do any of the things he is good at? Did you even watch the ******* movie? Its well known that Tarantino's greatest asset in making films is his dialogue. If anything, this movie showcased that better then any of his previous films. It was far from his worst film, and I would be shocked if it doesnt garner several Oscar noms.

And after the ridiculous comment you made, I suggest you throw away the aforementioned movies. You dont deserve them if you are only interested in violence.
    Watch the trailer i got a vibe it would be an action film where the Bastards rage hell across europe.

The sad part is the trailer just displayed all the action in the movie in about 2 minutes. The dialogue scenes last forever and only build up to a climax best described as a wet firecracker. When the dialogue is amazing the movie is easy to get into such as pulp fiction. Talking can be great if it is witty and means something. A lot of it was dissrupted by the constant reading taking me out of the movie. Maybe i have trouble bringing myself into a movie if i have to read it instead of an actor captivating me.
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Cristoph Waltz gave one of the best supporting performances in recent memory, but because you had to read his lines, his performance didnt captivate you? Did you not learn to read as a child? Is it really that strenuous a task to read the single line as it pops across the bottom of the screen and assume that in a movie set in France, some people might speak French? Or in a movie about Nazis, someone may speak German?

You are an idiot. If you didn't like the movie, fine, but you are just making yourself sound like a jackass.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Dear god.

You can't read one line at a time and still pay attention to a movie? Having to read means that the acting is terrible? So if the movie was in English or you learned French/German, the movie would be better?

Is this seriously what the world has come to?

Holy hell, we absolutely need a new plague as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          Maybe you should just stick to Michael Bay films buddy. EXPLOSIONS! GUN SHOTS! BAD ASSERY!
          Even Transformers had subtitles.

Comment

• Dear John is going to be awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Dear John is going to be awesome.
              I will stab you with a very dull object.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                I will stab you with a very dull object.

Their words mostly noises
                Ghosts with just voices
                Your words in my memory
                Are like music to me

I'm miles from where you are,
                I lay down on the cold ground
                I, I pray that something picks me up
                And sets me down in your warm arms

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Dear John is going to be awesome.
                  That blonde girl is ******* hot. I just watched Jennifer's Body and she has an amazing make out scene with Megan Fox

Comment

• That's it, you're getting at e-stab.

Comment

• And not even that scene was enough to redeem that otherwise awful movie.
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        That's it, you're getting at e-stab.
                        We can go together and hold hands.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Even Transformers had subtitles.
                          </discussion>

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I get what Dreadlocks is saying... to an extent. I think he's just going overboard with it. The trailer was misleading. By the time the movie ended, who didn't think, "There wasn't much of the basterds?" The trailer makes you believe it's all about them, and maybe the title as well... I don't know, I'm just sayin,' but I know I was disappointed with how little screen time Pitt had. I can see how that would ruin a movie for someone. You go in expecting one thing and getting something completely different? Who would want to go into a movie expecting The Hurt Locker and then getting Lions for Lambs? You think you're gonna be disappointed? You think you might come on a forum such as this and vent that disappointment?

I hate subtitles in movies and can't stand them, especially movies which are overwritten with dialogue (the whole 25 minute conversation outside the theater served no purpose to the movie... QT was basically boasting about his film knowledge... that no one cared to hear about during the middle of one of his movies). Does anyone watch foreign movies here on a regular basis? Since no one hardly ever brings them up, I'm go to answer with a no (that is, if the forum doesn't mind me speaking for them, but if someone does... too ******* bad). I'm big on acting and I like to watch the nuances of a performance (the whole point of great acting). I don't like reading the lines at the bottom of the screen while missing the delivery of the lines. It makes the acting worthless and greatly detracts from the impact of the characters and the overall importance of the story.

With that said, I thought, as I stated in this thread when the movie hit theaters, Inglorious Basterds was phenomenal. One of the best of the year and one of Tarantino's best.

I don't even understand the backlash to his post. People don't like subtitles. It's a matter of taste and has nothing to do with Michael Bay movies or the intellectual capacity of the viewer. He stated more than enough reasons why the movie turned him off. Really no need to bash him (I'm sure APS negative rep'd you since you have difference of opinion, but that child is a tool and he probably used that reassuring internet lingo in doing so, i.e. "EPIC FAIL").
                            Last edited by BigBanger; 01-21-2010, 07:59 PM.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                            Originally posted by GoRavens
                            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                              I get what Dreadlocks is saying... to an extent. I think he's just going overboard with it. The trailer was misleading. By the time the movie ended, who didn't think, "There wasn't much of the basterds?" The trailer makes you believe it's all about them, and maybe the title as well... I don't know, I'm just sayin,' but I know I was disappointed with how little screen time Pitt had. I can see how that would ruin a movie for someone. You go in expecting one thing and getting something completely different? Who would want to go into a movie expecting The Hurt Locker and then getting Lions for Lambs? You think you're gonna be disappointed? You think you might come on a forum such as this and vent that disappointment?

I hate subtitles in movies and can't stand them, especially movies which are overwritten with dialogue (the whole 25 minute conversation outside the theater served no purpose to the movie... QT was basically boasting about his film knowledge... that no one cared to hear about during the middle of one of his movies). Does anyone watch foreign movies here on a regular basis? Since no one hardly ever brings them up, I'm go to answer with a no (that is, if the forum doesn't mind me speaking for them, but if someone does... too ******* bad). I'm big on acting and I like to watch the nuances of a performance (the whole point of great acting). I don't like reading the lines at the bottom of the screen while missing the delivery of the lines. It makes the acting worthless and greatly detracts from the impact of the characters and the overall importance of the story.

With that said, I thought, as I stated in this thread when the movie hit theaters, Inglorious Basterds was phenomenal. One of the best of the year and one of Tarantino's best.

I don't even understand the backlash to his post. People don't like subtitles. It's a matter of taste and has nothing to do with Michael Bay movies or the intellectual capacity of the viewer. He stated more than enough reasons why the movie turned him off. Really no need to bash him (I'm sure APS negative rep'd you since you have difference of opinion, but that child is a tool and he probably used that reassuring internet lingo in doing so, i.e. "EPIC FAIL").
                              You might be worse then him. In what way do subtitles detract from the power of a performance? Acting is acting, whether the person is speaking English or not. And God help us if YOU are the person who speaks for the entire forum. You are the guy who thought Terminator Salvation was better then the originals.

As for your comment about me, I actually hadn't neg repped him at all. But guess what you are getting?

Furthermore, child? Really? Now you really sound like an idiot.
                              Last edited by A Perfect Score; 01-21-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• I watch foreign movies regularly, and my eyes are pretty terrible. And leave APS alone BB, the reason he negative repped you is because you're kind of a douche.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information