No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sound like a ******* broken record but you better watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans Commie. Its Herzgog at his craziest (and that is saying a lo).

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Precious was one of the most acclaimed films of the year, and Perry had no creative control with it.
      Interesting. I may to have recant my statement.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If you don't, I will rip your nuts off.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I manned up and got There Will Be Blood.

Bricks will be shat.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            I manned up and got There Will Be Blood.

Bricks will be shat.
            Yessssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              If you don't, I will rip your nuts off.
              Push is a pretty ridiculous book, if this isnt any where near the level of depression, I will be upset.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Bricks will be shat.
                I built a BBQ pit after I watched it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Push is a pretty ridiculous book, if this isnt any where near the level of depression, I will be upset.
                  It's a depressing goddamn movie, I'll tell you that much.

Finally watched Moon, and now I'm very upset that Rockwell isn't going to get an Oscar nomination. He was a hell of a lot better than Morgan Freeman.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• About to watch Good Night and Good Luck. Hope it is as good as I hear

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      It's a depressing goddamn movie, I'll tell you that much.

Finally watched Moon, and now I'm very upset that Rockwell isn't going to get an Oscar nomination. He was a hell of a lot better than Morgan Freeman.
                      I watched Moon tonight as well. Rockwell was awesome, he deserves at least a nomination. I really enjoyed the movie.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Bricks will be shat.
                        damn good movie.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Next for Unseen: CASABLANCA, followed by the little seen film WIZARD OF OZ.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• shut the **** up

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• My super-belated (and lazy) Top 10 of 2009:

10) The Fantastic Mr. Fox - just a really great movie that was beautiful to watch; best Wes Anderson movie since The Royal Tennenbaums

9) District 9 - really great piece of film making; beautiful CGI and spectacular performance by Sharlto Copley

8) A Serious Man - another great Coen Brothers movie; amazing performance by Michael Stuhlbarg; interesting message too, that **** just kind of happens sometimes

7) Observe and Report - this is a very polarizing film, clearly I am on the side of loved it; really hilarious, and Seth Rogen was brilliant; another great film by Jody Hill; might have the best "ending" scene of '09

6) In the Loop - the best comedy of the year; just a ridiculously laugh-out loud comedy that only gets better on repeat viewings; the use of profanity in this film is almost artistic; Peter Capaldi is a cursing virtuoso

5) Big Fan - just more of a phenomenal character study than anything; Patton Oswalt of course steals this movie, and is brilliant as the buffoon Paul Aufiero; just a very dark comedy/drama

4) The Hurt Locker - a brilliant, powerful movie that definitely deserves to win Best Picture; very gritty and tense; brilliant performance by Jeremy Renner; masterfully directed scenes by Kathryn Bigelow that seemed like they were pulled from real war scenes

3) Moon - a wonderful sci-fi movie; Sam Rockwell is the star of the show and gives a terrific performance; just a very moving film

2) Inglourious Basterds - what more needs to be said about this movie? Every performance is great, while Waltz is clearly the MVP; masterful script and direction that built so much tension simply through dialogue; it was very hard for me not to put this #1

1) Up - yes, I'm a child; the first ten minutes of this movie made me cry and the last scrapbook scene did it for me as well; just beautifully done with very "grown-up" themes; it was pretty much a flawless movie

BoneKrusher

Comment

shut the **** up

Neither have I. Or Gone With the Wind for that matter.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information