No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went with The Host. I got a few minutes in and I realized that it was all voice overs. I can't watch a movies with a voice over. I need the damn SUBTITLES! Or should I just try not to let it bother me and watch it with the voice overs.

Comment

• Don't get the subtitles, they'll ruin the actors' performances...

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
        Don't get the subtitles, they'll ruin the actors' performances...
        Hahaha. That was such a ridiculous argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I went with The Host. I got a few minutes in and I realized that it was all voice overs. I can't watch a movies with a voice over. I need the damn SUBTITLES! Or should I just try not to let it bother me and watch it with the voice overs.
          If it's a DVD just go into the main menu and go into subtitles/audio and you should be able to fix it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.
            Agree, really liked that movie.

I had it #16 on the year at ***3/4 (out of *****)

Comment

So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.
              I absolutely adored Away We Go. Very cute, very funny. I actually preferred it to (500) Days of Summer. It's far from perfect, but I've seen it multiple times and I just love it.

(500) Days of Summer was "just" really good to me. I loved how it was done. It's very likable, JGL is great, the direction is good - but I never got that great feeling with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                I absolutely adored Away We Go. Very cute, very funny. I actually preferred it to (500) Days of Summer. It's far from perfect, but I've seen it multiple times and I just love it.

(500) Days of Summer was "just" really good to me. I loved how it was done. It's very likable, JGL is great, the direction is good - but I never got that great feeling with it.
                I really liked both these films. I loved John Krasinski in Away We Go.

Comment

• Last couple conversations FTW. Loved both Primer and Away We go

Comment

• WORLDWIDE GROSSES

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
                    1 Avatar Fox $1,858.9 $555.0 29.9% $1,303.9 70.1% 2009
                    2 Titanic Par. $1,843.2 $600.8 32.6% $1,242.4 67.4% 1997

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      I really liked both these films. I loved John Krasinski in Away We Go.
                      See I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought both tried so hard to be great, had so much potential, but ultimately fell flat. In Away We Go, I though John Krasinski, Allison Janey, and Jim Gaffigan were really good, but the movie itself just really didn't do it for me. The Scene on the trampoline really cemented the movie as trying to be great but only achieving average results.

Comment

• Away We Go was ******* hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in theaters since I saw Pineapple Express stoned.

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                          Away We Go was ******* hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in theaters since I saw Pineapple Express stoned.
                          Being a The Office fan, it was refreshing to see John Krasinski play a completely different character. I loved Away We Go. I'm sick of critics telling me what movies are good and what aren't. I thought the humor throughout the movie was excellent, and I laughed and cringed from start to finish.

I'm glad John K left the beard at the set though.

Comment

• No way. I wish I looked like Burt Farlander.

Comment

• Saw An Education today. Good stuff with some great performances.

Mulligan was fantastic. I enjoyed her very much. A fresh face to me, and she gave one of the best performances of the year.

Molina was wonderful, as expected.

Comment

• Watching one of my favourite movies right now. I Heart Huckabees.

******* awesome movie

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information