No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been wanting to watch Spider for a while (because of Ralph Fiennes' awesomeness of course) but I can't find it anywhere. :(

Comment

• So I'll just keep on bringing up that movie until someone actually watches it.

Comment

• Ok, here is my top 20 movies of 2009 like I promised a few pages back.

20. Away We Go

19. The Informant!

18. The Hangover

17. District 9

16. The Blind Side

15. Sherlock Holmes

14. Avatar

13. I Love You, Man

12. Watchmen

11. Up

10. The Fantastic Mr. Fox

9. Star Trek

8. Brothers

7. Public Enemies

6. The Hurt Locker

5. Up in the Air

4. Moon

3. (500) Days of Summer

2. Inglorious Basterds

1. An Education

Comment

• An Education! Good list. You liked Watchmen a LOT more than I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            What should I watch tonight? 12 Monkeys or Into the Wild.
            Any movie including Emile Hirsch is setting you up for a good night. Into the Wild isn't as great of a movie as is Hirsch's acting job in it. It follows the book incredibly well, and you'll blown away by Hirsch's transformation at the end.

Comment

• How did I forget about Sherlock Holmes on my list? I think it should be #5 for me.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                It follows the book incredibly well, and you'll blown away by Hirsch's transformation at the end.
                it makes him look heroic, when really he was a jackass who thought he could survive in the Alaskan wilderness without proper training. dying in that bus serves him right for not bothering to venture down the river to the bridge which was about a quarter mile AT MOST from where he was.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  it makes him look heroic, when really he was a jackass who thought he could survive in the Alaskan wilderness without proper training. dying in that bus serves him right for not bothering to venture down the river to the bridge which was about a quarter mile AT MOST from where he was.
                  Yeah, what the hell was I saying...Your right. The book follows the story well, but it doesn't portray the character's true identity. He disregards his parents, pushes aside his friends, and basically goes on a suicide mission into Alaska.

The movie is solid, but it does make him out to be a heroic figure when in reality he was just one of many bums at the time who thought they could take on the world.

Comment

• Did I not get 500 Days of Summer or something?

I thought it was about as average as a movie could be. The kind where I barely make it to the end and feel absolutely no desire to ever watch it again?

Is it another one of those No Country for Old Men where people like it simply for trying to be different? It just had nothing really going for it? It wasn't funny, it wasn't dramtic, it wasn't heartwrenching, it was just meh?

You liked Watchmen a LOT more than I did.
                    Ditto. Watchmen was 300 in 2009 for me. So much unrealised potential, the movie itself was solid, but it should and could have been a lot more.

Absolutely no way that I Love You, Man can be ahead of the Hangover. One was the funniest movie I can remember watching in quite some time, the other was a good solid movie.

You also like Public Enemies a lot more than me, thought it was solid but far from great. Certainly not better than Avatar, District 9, Star Trek, Up or The Hangover, just from movies I've seen on that list.

There are a bunch of movies that I need to see that are out at the moment or were out, like half that list I want to but haven't seen.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Alright well I decided to go with Adaptation. It had been on my short list for a while and now I regret having put it off for so long. Kaufman is a ******* genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Did I not get 500 Days of Summer or something?

I thought it was about as average as a movie could be. The kind where I barely make it to the end and feel absolutely no desire to ever watch it again?

Is it another one of those No Country for Old Men where people like it simply for trying to be different? It just had nothing really going for it? It wasn't funny, it wasn't dramtic, it wasn't heartwrenching, it was just meh?

Ditto. Watchmen was 300 in 2009 for me. So much unrealised potential, the movie itself was solid, but it should and could have been a lot more.

Absolutely no way that I Love You, Man can be ahead of the Hangover. One was the funniest movie I can remember watching in quite some time, the other was a good solid movie.

You also like Public Enemies a lot more than me, thought it was solid but far from great. Certainly not better than Avatar, District 9, Star Trek, Up or The Hangover, just from movies I've seen on that list.

There are a bunch of movies that I need to see that are out at the moment or were out, like half that list I want to but haven't seen.
                        See, I found it to be all of those things. I loved it. I agree with you on Public Enemies though, it was a huge disappointment for me.

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        Alright well I decided to go with Adaptation. It had been on my short list for a while and now I regret having put it off for so long. Kaufman is a ******* genius.
                        You are just realizing this now? The man is a god.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          You are just realizing this now? The man is a god.
                          Ahhhhhh! Polytheist! Burn him at the stake!

Comment

• Speaking of NCFOM I just watched that recently for the first time in ages and loved it even more this time around. The first 20 or so minutes of that movie is mesmerizing.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I loved 500 days. Very good acting, fantastic script, perfect ending. Everything about that movie worked for me.

Darling, I don't know how to tell you this, but... there's a Chinese family in our bathroom.

Comment

• oh dear God, I remember hearing rumors of this a couple years back, but didn't want to believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information