Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as my most anticipated for this year I'd have to say:

1. Shutter Island- What can I say? Scorcese is a genius and it looks like he's done it again with this thriller starring Leo.
    2. Inception- Still have no idea what it's about which probably makes me want to see it even more. Great cast and director too.
    3. Iron Man 2- Enjoyed the first one and throw in Rockwell and Rourke and the second one looks like it'll pick up where the first left off.
    4. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp in another Hunter S. Thompson inspired movie. Need I say more?
    5. Kick Ass- Looks...well kick ass.
    6. Arrested Development- One of my favourite shows and I've anticipating the release of this movie evr since I first heard of it.
    7. Alice In Wonderland- The visual effects look even better than those of Avatar.
    8. Date Night- Looks like it could be this year's hit comedy. Awesome cast too. Carrell, Fey and Marky Mark!
    9. True Grit
    10. The Social Network- An entire movie about Facebook. Should be interesting, but I have faith in Fincher.

Honorable mentions:
    Black Hole- Fincher directs this movie about an STD that is spreading amongst teenagers. That's enough to get my attention.
    Cop Out- I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and even though he didn't write this I am still looking forward to it. The trailer has made me a little pessimistic, but I realize it's R rated so most of the material isn't made for TV anyways.
    Black Swan- Portman/Kunis lesbian sex scene may be my most anticipated scene of the year.
    London Boulevard
    The American
    Howl

All in all looks like it should be a better year than 09.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      Not only a period piece... but a KEIRA period piece

*swoons*
      I'm drooling all over the place.

Comment

• And Toy Story 3 is where, Todd??

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
          As far as my most anticipated for this year I'd have to say:

1. Shutter Island- What can I say? Scorcese is a genius and it looks like he's done it again with this thriller starring Leo.
          2. Inception- Still have no idea what it's about which probably makes me want to see it even more. Great cast and director too.
          3. Iron Man 2- Enjoyed the first one and throw in Rockwell and Rourke and the second one looks like it'll pick up where the first left off.
          4. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp in another Hunter S. Thompson inspired movie. Need I say more?
          6. Arrested Development- One of my favourite shows and I've anticipating the release of this movie evr since I first heard of it.
          7. Alice In Wonderland- The visual effects look even better than those of Avatar.
          8. Date Night- Looks like it could be this year's hit comedy. Awesome cast too. Carrell, Fey and Marky Mark!
          9. True Grit
          10. The Social Network- An entire movie about Facebook. Should be interesting, but I have faith in Fincher.

Honorable mentions:
          Black Hole- Fincher directs this movie about an STD that is spreading amongst teenagers. That's enough to get my attention.
          Cop Out- I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and even though he didn't write this I am still looking forward to it. The trailer has made me a little pessimistic, but I realize it's R rated so most of the material isn't made for TV anyways.
          Black Swan- Portman/Kunis lesbian sex scene may be my most anticipated scene of the year.
          London Boulevard
          The American
          Howl

Ahhhh, I forgot The Rum Diary too. ****.

Edited in.

Comment

• Kathryn Bigelow definitely doesn't look like a 58 year old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              As far as my most anticipated for this year I'd have to say:

9. True Grit

Honorable mentions:
              London Boulevard
              The American
              Howl

Here's my list of movies to go to whilest ripped out of my mind:
              1. Alice in Wonderland
              2. Alice in Wonderland
              3. Alice in Wonderland.

This is one of those movies that will be 100000% better high than it will be sober.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Nothing about Alice in Wonderland excites me. Seems like just another movie "From the mind of Tim Burton". Meh.

Comment

• Johnny Depp playing the Mad Hatter is all you need to care about.

I'm probably going to watch this tonight, pretty excited...pretty pretty pretty excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Nothing about Alice in Wonderland excites me. Seems like just another movie "From the mind of Tim Burton". Meh.
                    He needs to do the Ed Wood sequel he was supposed to do where Ed Wood broke down in his older years.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                      Johnny Depp playing the Mad Hatter is all you need to care about.

I'm probably going to watch this tonight, pretty excited...pretty pretty pretty excited.
                      I PVRed it the other day and I plan on watching it sometime soon. Let me know how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                        Here's my list of movies to go to whilest ripped out of my mind:
                        1. Alice in Wonderland
                        2. Alice in Wonderland
                        3. Alice in Wonderland.

This is one of those movies that will be 100000% better high than it will be sober.
                        Without being high, this movie is pointless in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                          Without being high, this movie is pointless in my opinion.
                          What a stupid comment as you havent even seen it yet........

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Being high makes every movie better so it's pointless to tag that on there.

Comment

• Being high is as overrated as Megan Fox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                                Being high is as overrated as Megan Fox.
                                I feel like we get closer every day.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information