• Show
Clear All

• How is that the same situation at all? lol

Saving Private Ryan made like 100 million more than Shakespeare in Love

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      How is that the same situation at all? lol

Also, Shakespeare in Love was the better movie. I'm not saying I don't like SPR, but after the first 20 minutes that were groundbreaking for the violence, the rest was a decent war movie and nothing more.

Comment

• Anyone like American History X?

Comment

How is that the same situation at all? lol

I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking about a movie that should have won over a weaker movie. Looking back on it I think most would agree it was a bad decision. I think after the luster wears off on Avatar people are going to look back and wonder why that won Best Picture if it actually happens. The Avatar hype machine is just too crazy right now.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
            Anyone like American History X?
            a better question is 'who doesnt?' because we'll berate them accordingly

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• You can say that almost every year though. I personally think the wrong movie won 6 out of the 9 years in the 2000's.

Comment

• I would have picked American History X over Shakespeare as well but American History wasn't even nominated for Best Picture.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who doesn't like American History X? :)

Comment

You can say that almost every year though. I personally think the wrong movie won 6 out of the 9 years in the 2000's.
                    You can but I think that year was one of the more egregious mistakes of the last 10+ years.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      Anyone see Wolfman? Looks good!
                      I saw it. It was garbage. Very underwhelming. Now I can't wait for Shutter Island so I can wash this off of me.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Iron Giant and Toy Story are better.
                        South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
                        Yeah, add The Simpsons Movie too. All those >>>>>>>> than IG or TS.

Or any of the classic cartoons from Spike & Mike's Sick & Twisted cartoon collections, like the original South Park made from paper cutouts that got it's start there, or the 5-second Bambi Meets Godzilla.

Or those classic "alternative" cartoon films from the 70s, like Yellow Submarine, The Point (music & lyrics by the late great Harry Nillsson), Wizards the LotR 1st film iteration by Ralph Bakshi, Mr. Bill series of stop-motion/claymation from SNL that gave us Chicken Run, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                          Without a doubt. Viggo is legit in pretty much everything he does. HoV was ******* awesome.
                          Viggo Mortensen is the Man! His LotR lead role boosted him up to the A-list, he kicked ass in HoV, literally & figuratively. Anybody remember The Prophecy with Christopher Walken about apocalypse & warring angels? Viggo played Lucifer in a smaller role but blew all the other killer angels off the screen.....

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                            Who doesn't like American History X? :)
                            I was so pissed after I bought AHX from BuyBacks only to find that the tape inside of the VHS was ripped. Such a letdown seeing as it's such an awesome movie. Edward Norton is such a boss.

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking about a movie that should have won over a weaker movie. Looking back on it I think most would agree it was a bad decision.
                              Worst decisions:

Annie Hall over Star Wars
                              Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption

I think after the luster wears off on Avatar people are going to look back and wonder why that won Best Picture if it actually happens. The Avatar hype machine is just too crazy right now.
                              The luster is already gone for me. If they wouldn't have nominated so many films, which is a horrible idea by the way, I don't think it deserved a nomination.

Avatar is the film equivalent of a ride at Universal Studios; you enjoy Jurassic Park: The Ride or Jaws: The Ride for the "experience," and you obviously wouldn't complain about the story or actors. The same could be said of Avatar. If it wins then that sends an awful message; you can make two billion dollars, win all the awards with a movie that features 3D visuals and 1D story and acting.

Comment

• If Avatar wins "Best Picture," I won't ever watch the Oscars again. There are much better and more deserving films instead of the one that "rakes in all the cash." Just because tons of people see a movie does not make it the best of the year, by any means.

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information