No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any bruce willis movie is a safe bet to be entertaining. tracy morgan looks funny in the trailers too.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      I dont like any of his movies except T2.
      Not even The Abyss? :(

Comment

• Originally posted by comaham
        I didnt neg rep for you a differing opinion, Brent doesnt like Avatar, PL doesnt like it either, so on and so forth.
        I'm one of the most prominent dislikers of it on the board, probably THE most.

I'm ashamed of you, commie :(

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Just watched The Express... it one word: Hollywood.

I was really disappointed with it. Going in I didn't realize I would be watching a completely unoriginal movie regarding racism and having little to actually do with Ernie Davis. The overly dramatic racism and fights and personal fouls and late hits and corrupted officiating has already been done in sports movies made about the first black [insert position here]. The writing is just so bad and so forced.

"But Mr. Official, Sir, I crossed the goal line."

"Boy, you best get back in that huddle before I throw a flag on yo black ass."

The writing is simply awful, cliched and influenced beyond originality. Some bad acting as well, but Quaid has a lot of face time so that was expected. The guy who played Jim Brown... what an awful casting choice. Didn't look a damn thing like him. I was not expecting to roll my eyes throughout the entire movie. I thought this was going to be a sports movie. It wasn't. It was entirely political and dull.

The last 15 minutes are the only part of the movie worth while, because it momentarily stops concerning itself with racism and has something to do with how Davis's life came to a tragic end.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
          Originally posted by GoRavens
          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

I'm ashamed of you for not having seen Casablanca.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

But youre a fellow lotr fanboy! So that makes up for it.

Comment

• Just watched Miss March..awful movie but there aren't words to explain my love for Craig Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                  Just watched Miss March..awful movie but there aren't words to explain my love for Craig Robinson
                  If there were, I would of written him a beautiful love poem long ago.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Surrogates > Avatar

lulz

Comment

• Finally saw Crazy Heart and loved it. It was basically 2009's "The Wrestler". Bridges is the man.

Last edited by comahan; 02-16-2010, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• I just watched Zombieland. I loved it, thought it was hilarious. And yeah, even I have to admit Emma Stone was pretty hot in this one. And I've never thought she was all that great looking. I still hate her voice. I'm a noted Eisenberg fan, the kid is always the same character, but it works.

Oh and I was just reading up on some reviews afterward, since I always like to compare. Best one I read....

"The film involves such gratuitous, juicy spatter, Dexter Morgan would have a field day"

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• WE NEED YOUR VOTES PEOPLE! Please go vote. Theres a few damn good movie ideas on this list.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38660

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38661

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            WE NEED YOUR VOTES PEOPLE! Please go vote. Theres a few damn good movie ideas on this list.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38660

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38661
                            A movie strictly about Voldemort would be ******* epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                              A movie strictly about Voldemort would be ******* epic.
                              Shameless you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                                Shameless you are.
                                I have thought this ever since I read Half Blood Prince.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information