Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I'm suprised you didn't love it considering it was one of the darker periods in New York City history.
    Don't get me wrong, there was some serious schadenfreude going on, but I didn't enjoy the movie.

Comment

• Gangs of New York is great. Probably going to see Shutter Island tonight...pretty pumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        For many...it starts and ends right here.

Villainy at its finest.
        Best performance of the last decade.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          This makes sense. There was a time when I was convinced you were a 17 year old girl.
          When it comes to Leo I may as well be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Best performance of the last decade.
            Its astonishing how incredibly wrong you can be at times. It wasnt even DDL's best performance of the decade.

As for Gangs of New York, its definitely down there on the list of Scorsese movies. I wasnt a fan of the film at all, despite strong performances from Lucky Leo and DDL. Now, if we are talking about The Departed...thats a different story.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Its astonishing how incredibly wrong you can be at times. It wasnt even DDL's best performance of the decade.

As for Gangs of New York, its definitely down there on the list of Scorsese movies. I wasnt a fan of the film at all, despite strong performances from Lucky Leo and DDL. Now, if we are talking about The Departed...thats a different story.
              Keep dreaming *****. DDL drones back into his GONY character at the end of There Will Be Blood which just goes to show how amazing it was (GONY).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• While Ive often been one to cite the similarities between the two characters when people routinely name DDL the best actor of this generation, there is no question which performance is more powerful. Which one came first is arbitrary. TWBB is both a better movie and a better performance.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Keep dreaming *****. DDL drones back into his GONY character at the end of There Will Be Blood which just goes to show how amazing it was (GONY).
                  Yes, yes, and yes. My favorite character of DDL's was in Gangs of New York, and I can watch that movie endlessly just enjoying Leo DiCaprios and Daniel Day Lewis. It kicks all kinds of ass. The similarities between DDL's character in Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood are definitely visible.

Comment

• Gangs of New York is the better performance and the better movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Gangs of New York is the better performance and the better movie.
                      Well everyone except WMD hates you so you are wrong. Internet rules dictate this.

Daniel Plainview>>>>>Bill the Butcher

Comment

• Gangs of New York>TWBB

Comment

Well everyone except WMD hates you so you are wrong. Internet rules dictate this.

Daniel Plainview>>>>>Bill the Butcher
                          That's one more person than the amount that like you. Bill the Butcher is the best character of the 2000s.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

That's one more person than the amount that like you. Bill the Butcher is the best character of the 2000s.
                            I can name 10 characters off the top of my head from this decade better then Bill the Butcher. Hell, I can name 10 better then Daniel Plainview, who is already better then Bill the Butcher. You are foolish.

Comment

I can name 10 characters off the top of my head from this decade better then Bill the Butcher. Hell, I can name 10 better then Daniel Plainview, who is already better then Bill the Butcher. You are foolish.
                              I'm waiting APS, let's go.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I like Plainview more than Bill the Butcher, personally. But that might be because I like TWBB a LOT more than GONY

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information