Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Fight Club was always at the top. KKBB has been my #3 for a very long time. My top 5 rarely changes, although (500) Days of Summer has disrupted my top 10.

1) Fight Club
    2) Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
    3) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    4) High Fidelity
    5) American Beauty
    I remember you got really excited one day and declared KKBB as your #1. I really enjoyed it but in my eyes, ts not on the same level as the other two ahead of it. Haven't seen High Fidelity yet. I've been meaning to watch it for a while and haven't got around to it. Not a big John Cusak fan but he was awesome in Being John Malkovich. Also really need to see American Psycho.

Comment

• KKBB was my go-to drunk movie for a while, so I ended up watching it a whole hell of a lot. The humor gets me every time. While it obviously isnt the same kind of cinematic achievement as the first two, it has just as much rewatchability as any movie Ive encountered and I laugh throughout the entire movie, which is more then most proclaimed comedies these days dictate.

High Fidelity is a movie that is unique in that it addresses the issues presented in stereotypical romantic comedies from a male based point of view, rather then the female driven approach which dominates the genre as of late. I love Cusack and the supporting cast is excellent as well.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        KKBB was my go-to drunk movie for a while, so I ended up watching it a whole hell of a lot. The humor gets me every time. While it obviously isnt the same kind of cinematic achievement as the first two, it has just as much rewatchability as any movie Ive encountered and I laugh throughout the entire movie, which is more then most proclaimed comedies these days dictate.

High Fidelity is a movie that is unique in that it addresses the issues presented in stereotypical romantic comedies from a male based point of view, rather then the female driven approach which dominates the genre as of late. I love Cusack and the supporting cast is excellent as well.
        I tried making a Top 5-10 list recently and my list bugged me. All the movies I had up there are all well-know, highly regarded films. I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't really have any lesser known personal faves up there. I don't know why. I just couldn't find a place for those movies in my all-time favorites. I think I was putting to much thought into best instead of favorite. I'll probably try and give it another crack sometime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I tried making a Top 5-10 list recently and my list bugged me. All the movies I had up there are all well-know, highly regarded films. I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't really have any lesser known personal faves up there.
          Don't over-think it. It's a list for chrissakes. It's your list.

1. Saving Private Ryan, 1998. (Steven Spielberg)
          2. Raging Bull, 1980. (Martin Scorsese)
          3. The Godfather, 1972. (Francis Ford Coppola)
          4. The Aviator, 2004. (Martin Scorsese)
          5. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, 2007. (Andrew Dominik)

6. Boogie Nights, 1997. (Paul Thomas Anderson)
          7. Traffic, 2000. (Steven Soderbergh)
          8. The Departed, 2006. (Martin Scorsese)
          9. Goodfellas, 1990. (Martin Scorsese)
          10. Walk the Line, 2005. (James Mangold)
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
          Originally posted by GoRavens
          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Tripped on some good acid yesterday, and watched Across the Universe.. By far, the trippiest movie I have ever seen.
            GO RAVENS

Comment

• 1) Wayne's World
              2) The Shawshank Redemption
              3) The Fountain
              4) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
              5) Ghostbusters

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• In b4 infraction!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                  no movie better then dumb and dumber

Anchorman and Super Bad have been so over-quoted, that I'm starting to miss the:

"I desperately want to make love to a school boy...How was your day? Not bad, I fell of the jet way again...We got no food! No Jobs! Our pets head's are falling off!"

Still great. One thing though, that John Denver's full of **** man.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Oh those Disney movies used to be the ****.

Brink and Johnny Tsunami head the list of greatness.
                    Brink's "Movie-Meter" on IMDB is up 90% this week. I think they can thank the SWDC'ers for that. Your welcome.

"You are defined by the company you keep and how well you keep it. Not by what you just happen to do."
                    -Ralph Brinker

Mr. (Ralph) Brinker changed my life. Now when I wake up each morning, I don't say "today I'm gonna talk" ...I say, "today I'm gonna skate."
                    Last edited by Whistler6; 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• And

FTW

Comment

• I'll always participate in our monthly top 10 list.

1. Eternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind
                        2. The Royal Tenenbaums
                        3. Garden State
                        4. Se7en
                        5. Fargo
                        6. Full Metal Jacket
                        7. Good Will Hunting
                        8. Taxi Driver
                        9. Primer
                        10. Magnolia

Comment

• I saw Creation last night. Bettany was good, but... there just want much to this movie. For those who dont know what Creation is, its the story of how Darwin came to write On the Origin of Species. Its a well made movie with good music, costumes, etc. But Darwin's life was just too dull to be made into a movie, and it showed here.

Comment

• 1. Usual Suspects
                            2. Good Will Hunting
                            3. Clerks
                            4. Pulp Fiction
                            5. The Departed
                            6. American History X
                            7. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
                            8. Fight Club
                            9. Reservoir Dogs
                            10. City of God

Comment

• I saw Mystic River for the first time yesterday while i was flying. Great movie and Tim Robbins was ******* brilliant. One of the better supporting performances I have ever seen

Comment

• About to watch Antichrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information