No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Black Dynamite tonight. It was hilarious. Anyone else seen it? Michael Jai White is the next Bruce Lee.

LOL, yea right.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      Shutter Island was badass. Leo is the man.
      Ahhh I remember when Leo was Robert Pattinson. Much simpler times those were.

Comment

• Shutter Island was easily the best movie I've seen in a while.

Comment

• Watched Wristcutters: A Love Story this morning.

Like most Indie films, it relied heavily on dialogue which unfortunately was average at best. Nice story though, Shannyn Sossamon simply breathing (or not, I don't care) was enough to keep my attention.
          Last edited by George Lippard; 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Shutter Island was easily the best movie I've seen in a while.
            same, saw it Saturday night and loved it. I predicted the ending though a year ago when I first saw the preview

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
              same, saw it Saturday night and loved it. I predicted the ending though a year ago when I first saw the preview
              Seriously that was a 'movie of the week' type ending. A movie that did such a great job building up atmosphere and tension deserved a lot better.

Comment

• I get your point, but how else could have it ended?

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I loved the ending, I mean even if you "saw it coming" it's still a fantastic and intriguing story.

Comment

• yeah, even when the ending wasn't what I hoped, I still really liked it

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                      I've heard mixed reviews by friends, which may not lead me to watch it. Some friends say its boring and other stuff, while others say if you are dumb you wouldn't understand this movie.
                      The two critics from the show At the Movies BOTH said "skip it" to Shutter Island. They went on and on about how the movie is trying to do so much and completely falls flat on a predictable ending.

That would have made me skeptical of seeing Shutter Island in about an hour here, but they are both dopes. I don't remember the last movie they said "see it" too, and they seem to think everything is garbage so hmm.

The one with the droopy cheeks and squinty eyes makes me want to throw my television. I say "skip it" to any material or shows produced by the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        Watched Black Dynamite tonight. It was hilarious. Anyone else seen it?
                        Yes. It is so great.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

yeah, even when the ending wasn't what I hoped, I still really liked it

Comment

yeah, even when the ending wasn't what I hoped, I still really liked it

Anyone who dismisses Shutter Island just because they find the ending to be predictable and unoriginal needs to get off their pedestal. It's a great story, period. The great acting, directing and dialogue make it a great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information