No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APS mostly summed up my feelings on it. Good in pretty much every aspect, but never any special feeling for it. I mostly appreciated the acting. Kingsley, especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Yeah, I never said it wasn't a good movie. But after the fantastic trailer and the sort of hype it received, I had high expectations, not all of which were met. Kind of like Where the Wild Things Are earlier last year. A very good movie, but I did think Id like it more.

I should probably let it marinate a little more though.
      No, I agree that it didn't live up to my expectations either(it was my most anticipated movie of the year) and I don't think it was necessarily great, but it was still very good. Like you said great acting and all that, but it was definitely lacking something. That being said, I realize that Scorcese was outside of his element. I just don't like when people compare it to his other works, but I suppose it's just natural.

Comment

• Hey I'm not the only one who thinks Session 9 is awesome!

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Hey I'm not the only one who thinks Session 9 is awesome!
          No! I do too! We really are meant to be together!
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Let's not stretch things. Maybe I'll just stop harrassing you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

You shut your filthy ******* mouth! Brodie's mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                You shut your filthy ******* mouth! Brodie's mine.
                You can come too.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

You can come too.
                  You take back your words or I find new torture ways just for you.

Comment

You can come too.
                    I always come.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Just watched Boondock Saints 2.

It really sucked. The dialogue seemed forced and annoying. The new detective was annoying too. The last hour of the movie was significantly better than than the 1st one. However, given the ending I wouldn't be against a third one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        Just watched Boondock Saints 2.

It really sucked. The dialogue seemed forced and annoying. The new detective was annoying too. The last hour of the movie was significantly better than than the 1st one. However, given the ending I wouldn't be against a third one.
                        Please do no suggest anymore Boondock Saints movies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Please do no suggest anymore Boondock Saints movies.
                          seriously. 2 was acceptable but I feel the boondock saints is overrated. it's an all right movie but I dont see the ridiculous hype behind it, and I even liked it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

All the schtick about Krasinski as Captain America is purely rumor at this point. They tested about 6 actors for the role yesterday, including one kid from The OC and one from Friday Night Lights, along with Mike Vogel of Cloverfield fame, who was the #2 choice to play Kirk in the rebooted Star Trek.

I personally still think Aaron Eckhart is perfect, but I guess I dont get to cast the movie :(
                            Yeah, they're def. going young here. I didnt even know some of these guys so, I had to look them up.

Those known to be on the list with Krasinski include Michael Cassidy (who appeared in "Smallvile" and who tested for the Superman movie when McG was going to direct it), Patrick Flueger (one of the stars of " The 4400 " who most recently appeared in the Tobey Maguire movie " Brothers "), Scott Porter (TV's " Friday Night Lights "), Wilson Bethel (" Generation Kill ") and Mike Vogel (" Cloverfield ").

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Of those candidates, I like Vogel the best. I believe they are going way too young with the role, and the character should be more geared towards an early 30's sort of guy. Nathan Fillion also comes to mind, along with Aaron Eckhart. I also didnt mind the rumors of Mark Valley and Alexander Skarsgaard, although the latter probably should of been Thor.

Comment

• Since Scott Porter's name got mentioned, I'll throw in the guy that played the reformed him in Speed Racer in Matthew Fox for Captain America.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information